• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Putting together a FM LOW trip..............

Dr.Bob,
gotta cancel...will buy some treats for the crew....going open water hunting....in red wing or the rainy...just dont want to be driving around lake of the woods....sorry..

------------------
garysguideservice
garytheguide.com
[email protected]
Phone: 218-744-3158

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Bob

• Northlander

• Leaky

• MT Net

Gary -

Thanks for letting me know at least. Have fun where ever you end up.

mmmm donuts! Boxes of Crispy Kremes.....
Huh., the donut box is leaky, now it's mt...all mine!!!!

6 more days until our Cripsy Kreme road trip! D'OH! I mean LOW road trip. mmmmmLots Of Walleyes....

Dr. Bob,

I just found out we have a surprise birthday party for my mother in-law this weekend. Sorry but need to be there for it.

Mt.net and leaky,
When do you guys plan to get to low on Friday?I and northlander are going to be hitting the ice around 7 am that morning.I am going to really be working on the counting my points for the big crabbige game.
grin.gif

Gary why dont you want to drive around LOW? Tons of ice up there. With this colder weather it should be way better than last weekend.

I called Bryant this morning and cancelled one of the houses. He said no problem - he is busy as h*ll. He said the ice is good and the roads aren’t bad. I will call him midweek to double check for the guys who want to haul up hard sides houses. I will be there the day after tomorrow to get a first hand look at the conditions in that area. He said he now has the houses in the Washout area.

Reeltimes - The trip is next weekend, not this weekend. Does that help?

The wash area should be good this time of year. Can we drive around the wash though? I heard the wash isnt safe for vehicles so I assume he has us quite a ways off it.

Well, now we're down to 8, should still be a great time though. What's the plan for food, every man for himself, or will we be eating fish all weekend. Also, who's staying in which houses? Doesn't really matter to me as long as I'm not in the house with any snorer's, or I will never fall asleep. I suppose we'll have extra bunks in each house incase of oral flatulence or excesive partying, I can't wait smile.gif. I'll be leaving on Wednesday to fish URL that day and Thursday, first time ever there. I'll be sleeping in one of KellyP's sleepers on shore and he said he'd show me where to fish. I'm assuming that I'll catch some since Kelly will be leading the way. By the way, anyone bringing boats? It might be cool to hit the river for a few hours one day. I look forward to meeting all of you and catching the smallest fish, a repeat of the 2.5" sauger I caught last year.

Fisherdog

Dr.Bob,
Sorry...I just want to go to open water...sick of the ice...rainy would be strong as a siren of open water fishing..Dr. /...stop over and I will make good on a couple of cases....

------------------
garysguideservice
garytheguide.com
[email protected]
Phone: 218-744-3158

bob, they're dropping like flys. what excuse will we hear next the old "i was thinking of painting the bathroom" or "i hear there's a good sale on bedding plants that weekend" ?
i am still in, and labs is still trying to obtain a kitchen pass. sounds like goose will be in also.
still waiting on the conditions report to persuade a couple with pull-behinds.
can hardly wait to land my first real LOW hog!! (never caught a sauger either)

------------------
a proud member in good standing of the International Brotherhood of Triangulists!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

Little Perch and Northlander, I will be at LOW around 6am coming from URL. You guys want to meet at Gibbins or Log Cabin Bait sometime between 6-7am? We could fish shallow until around 10am and then head out to the sleepers. I'll be leaving on Wednesday morning so if I don't hear from you guys by then, you can call me on my cell phone later in the week. 218 849-0760.

Fisherdog

It all depends on what time LP1 gets here and we leave. I want to fish the am but LP! wont have a house. Ill talk at him and let ya know. Hopefully we get good weather and he wont need a house. LP! bring that little house with ya just in case.

Northlander, the preliminary weather reports are calling for high 30's low 40's with the possibility of rain or snow. Either way, we can fish 3 out of my house, especially without a heater. It isn't even crowded fishing with 3, the heater would leave the guy in the middle with only one hole to fish. You guys have my cell phone so give me a call when you get into town, we'll figure out where to meet then. See you all soon.

Fisherdog

LP - MT and I will be there at noon. We're heading to my place by Mille Lacs on Thursday night, then leaving there around 8:00 am Friday.

Fisherdog - You might want to pick up some earplugs just in case. I have the same problem as you, and I know MT & Dr. Bob will be shaking the walls. Between the plugs and a few Schmidtys, I think I'll be fine.

Each house is on there own for chow, with a group fish fry planned for Saturday Night.

I remember the guys at Gibbons talking about a barbeque on the ice. Is that stil on for one night?

Northlander - I was in out to Gibbin's houses today and they are not too far from the wash out in 20' of water. It will be a short snowmobile cruise over to where you want to go. Fisky said there are a lot of trails leading over that way and the ice is plenty safe for machines. I may take a
putt over there myself if the weather is not too bad and the fish are snapping.

This weekend was a S.O.B for fishing. That wind just shut them right down. We caught very few but went on one h*ell of a snowmobile excursion. We were caught in the triangle for quite some time smile.gif. It's a long story and man am I stiff and tired. I can't wait to go again though tongue.gif.

Jiggle, Bryce, Labs and you other URL Rascals - I hate to tell you this (Jigs I know yer still in) but - I do believe it will be just about impossible to get a pull behind sleeper out there now. The road system to where we will be is just a zig zag pattern of frozen trails. It took a while to get to the houses with an extended cab truck because the roads double back and forth at 45 degree or so angles backwards). I do not think it can be done at all pulling a trailer.

The slush is froze pretty hard on top and the roads that are there are pretty firmed up. Bring ice creepers if you got them cause it is wicked walking outside to take a pee smile.gif. Hopefully this weather will hold on until the weekend. If it gets really warm, we will most likely not be able to
get out with the trucks and will have to go by bomber. Lets hope for the best cause it is a heck of a lot easier to drive the truck to the house than it is to load and unload several times. We will have to unload the snow machines on shore and ride them out to the houses. They will have no problems and a think a 4 wheeler would be the ticket too. I will call up there on Wednesday or
Thursday for a current report.

As far a sleeping arrangements go maybe we should rethink this wink.gif. Perhaps Fisherdog,
Northlander ,LP1 and Condor should take the quiet house and Leaky, MT, Jiggle and I should take the not so quiet house. Of course you quiet guys are welcome to visit if you dare grin.gif.

Food: How about if we do burgers on the grill for Friday night and a group fish-fry for Saturday night. I will bring the food for both of these meals for the group. Each house can worry about their own munchies and breakfasts. I will bring breakfast for my house. What do you guys think???

BTW - Bryant is laid up at the moment with a bad back and Jason has not mentioned
anything else about having a BBQ for us. That is okay with me. I think those guys pretty much have their hands full at the moment.

A few side notes:

Fisky will likely drop by and hang out with us for a while on this one. He is a great guy and I had a blast fishing with him yesterday and today even though fishing was pretty rough.

Northlander - Do you know Condor personally? Does anyone know for sure if
he is coming or not? He has not posted here since 1/23.

Jiggle - with the exception on maybe Condor I believe the rest of this crew is pretty hardcore and are going to show up. Most of the excuses were legit .........

I plan to leave really early on Friday too. We will have to firm up plans on Wednesday and Thursday. FDog - I am not bringing my boat because I am pulling up sleds - otherwise I probably would. I will likely do that next week or the week after just for a day shot.

Bring your quarters boys and don't for get you Lincolns too. Mama needs a new pair of shoes grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 03-22-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 03-22-2004).]

Dr. Bob, it all sounds good to me, I'll have enough food for 5 days since I'll be leaving Wednesday morning. By the way, what is this "wash out" area you are talking about? Well, the excited, sleepless nights have begun, only 2 more left and I'll be on my way smile.gif. See you all soon.

Fisherdog

FDog -

The washout is the Morris Gap between Morris Point and Pine Island. It should be a good area for this time of the year as the big girls start to migrate to the river to spawn.

Dr.Bob,
I don't care what sleeper house I go to.This will be vaction for me.All I hope is to catch fish have fun partying and playing cards.And also chaseing those snow bunnies grin.gif
I am use to being around routey fun drinking people grin.gifrolleyes.gifgrin.gif

LP1 -

Your are welcome to hang with the big dogs all you want. Bring your pillow and a sleeping bag.

I'll bring ear plugs for all just incase there are thouse who cannot handle my snoring or Leakys blabbing grin.gif.

Bob it all sounds good to me. I hope the weather stays cold until we get there at least. I hear rain is possible for Thurs/Fri! I hope not.
LP1 mail me wed and I wil give ya any new details.

I used the sand tubes in that gale on Saturday. They worked great!!!

Pray for cold guys. We will get out one way or another - there is a lot of ice. It will just be a lot easier if it stays cooler.

Northlander,
I will be working very hard on the fishing and the cribbage game.While my eyes are on the look out for some fine looking snowbunnies grin.gif I just can't wait till I smell fresh fish and the fine smell of perfume. Yep yep eeee !!!!! grin.gifgrin.gif !!!!

LP1 your getting carried away! There are no snowbunnies in our sleeper houses. If you smell perfume its just Leaky's cologne! grin.gif

I saw a cutie working in Baudette yesterday morning.

LP1 if you bring up a jug of Cuervo Gold for the old doc I will tell you where she works.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Northlander,
Yes you are right got a little carryed away.
Just trying to have a little fun and trying to releave some over related stress going on in my life.I am sorry if I ofened you in any way.

Its not me you have to worry about its the little fisherpeople. No big deal man! See ya Friday. Im thinking we can leave my place about 8am.

Man I hope we can drive out there.

If we can you guys could just stop at Morris Point and call me on their radio. It would only take 5 minutes for me to run in and then you could follow me out to the houses.

We will have it all figured out by Thursday afternoon / evening.

Nortlander - I'll d/c my snowmobile trailer at Gibbins base and after you get there we will figure out how to run them out to the houses.

I am having major trouble focusing on work! It is going to be a long 3 1/2 days until blast off.