• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Putting together a FM LOW trip..............

Maybe Thin Line, ReelTimes, fisherdog & Garytheguide should grab a house together. That would leave the Red Lake boys a house together.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Bob

• Northlander

• Leaky

• MT Net

Northlander,
I know you are bringing your portable shanty
a long.Should I bring the little one you sold me? Or could I use the single one I used at fish lake when we all got together back in Dec.Who is going to be the captian of our house you or Dr.Bob? Can't wait till the big game of cribbage.I will be working on my counting the numbers pretty hard.So I don't make to many mistakes in counting points. grin.gif Maybe by then I will have my little snow bunny I always wanted grin.gifcool.gifgrin.gif

Hey Leaky -

Isn't that discrimination? Like segregated housing - We don't want no mixed neighborhoods in our camp....................

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

------------------

The Doctor is in.............Everybody stand back!!!

Perch we will be short room as it is. As a matter of fact I may ask S.T. to drive as well. No offense but I think I will be doing some scouting for some peace and quiet. Just bring your snacks, beverages clothing and rods and tackle.
Dr.Bob is the man on this outing. He is the one who did all the work on it.

[This message has been edited by Northlander (edited 02-25-2004).]

fisherdog - Do you have a reservation for Thursday night up there? If not, the pickings are pretty slim. That might also help you determine where to fish. There are plowed roads out of Morts and Rogers on the south side of URL. Westwinds, Hillmans, Hudaks are a few places you could pick from out of Wakish. The people at any of these places should be able to point you in the right direction.

I fished out of Morts last weekend. Although we didn't do well, Mort's a great guy and will do what he can to get you on some fish. Out of Wakish, I would probably go with Westwinds. Heck, Red is one big massive mud bowl. The fish school up and roam. I think it's more about being at the right place at the right time than anything else.

Also, do a search for Gibbons Fish Houses on google. They have directions listed on their web site. Good Luck. Look forward to meeting you up on LOW.

Hey fisherdog, too bad, I have some tennis balls for your dog. I also was looking forward to that dogs playing poker match. wink.gif

Leaky, are you staying in the bunk house while you fish? Or are you planning on venturing out? I got dat Fish Trap we could strap down on de car Clampet style to wonder the lake.

Anybody know what the record is for the longest thread; number of pages and number of posts? This one must be close to it. blush.gif

MM-mmm BBQ on the ice... party-smiley-039.gif

[This message has been edited by MT Net (edited 02-26-2004).]

Hey Jed, whoops I mean MT - I was planning on hanging in the house, but if its nice, I sure wouldn't object to breakin in that new Fishtrap. Let's strap er down and bring her up.

If we use it great, if we don't, we don't. We'll need to see if we're able to drive around out there or not.

RE: Maybe Thin Line, ReelTimes, fisherdog & Garytheguide should grab a house together. That would leave the Red Lake boys a house together.

That is fine by me. Thin Line, Fisherdog, and GarytheGuide, what are your thoughts?

Dr.Bob's house,
Who all plains to stay in the sleeper house and fish all day? On the other hand I might
venture out with northlander and see what I can catch.

Hey, LP. Leaky an I will keep the coffee warm. I plan on setting some tip-ups outside, and concentrate on the the walleyes inside. Close to them snacks and cookies this way. wink.gif

I'll probably hang pretty close to base but it depends on the weather and the conditions. If it is nice out and the snow is melted down so I can get around easy - then I will probably do some trolling.

With so many posts. I lost track of what dates this is happening? Since I only get a weekend off every six weeks I have to make sure can anybody tell me what are the exact date and whats open>>>later the load

------------------
T view Pictures click on link Fishing Photos

LP1 I will only have my 1 man with. Im not going to pull a bigger house if I have to walk quite a ways. Dont meen to be rude but thats what mother nature dealt us! Its real tough off the roads without a sled.
I may wind up just sitting in the house all day anyway.
S.T. is it ok if we drive seperate? # guys and gear is real tight. Especially the way you packed to Red. grin.gif Im packing real light cause I dont think being mobil will be too much of a option but if si Ill be prepared.

yes ...the less the better for an old fart like me....going to take my old boat and fish the river for sure by the second day...will not put aside my finacial obligation to dr.Bob, and the group...just know if I see open water....I need to be there....and never made it last year...so really will this year!!!!....I am gainfully employed at perhsons resort on vermilion right now...so yes vaction at low...lets go!!!

------------------
garysguideservice
garytheguide.com
[email protected]
Phone: 218-744-3158

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Northlander, Thin Line and I can drive together.
I don't know if I'll bring a portable up or not.

If I remember right there was some awful loud snoring coming from Leaky's tent at the Basswood trip and he was the only one in the tent. I'm brining ear plugs.

If we end up with 6 in one shack and 4 in the other I can jump over and even things out.

Ok sounds good. Hey Ill bring your secret weapons if I dont see ya before hand. $5 a piece. LOW special. grin.gif

Don't pull a Haney on me now. grin.gif
I'll look for some red and orange tape and bring some with.

It's coming soon and it sure will be a lot of fun. I've decided not to bring my dog, anymore, it will just be a pain in the *** . I plan on fishing URL on Thursday and staying the night at a hotel, and as far as running an gunning is concerned, the dog will make it hard. She's been out fishing with me well over 30 times this year so I think she'll be OK. I wouldn't mind getting some sleep either and will need to be in a house without snorer's or I will not fall asleep at all. When we get a little closer, would someone give me some idea's on where to fish on URL, as I've never been there before. Looking forward to the trip. Dr. Bob, will you post the telephone number of Gibbin's so we can call and get directions to where we need to meet him.

Thanks,
Fisherdog

Loadman -

We are going up on Friday March 26th. We have room for you and I would love to see you there.

Gary - I hear ya on the river! I am going up the weekend before (motel) with my son and young brother-in-law. I will likely have the portable in the back of the truck and the boat hooked on behind!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 02-27-2004).]

Northlander,
When do you want to leave Superior?What ever time you want is fine with me.I will sleep the rest of the way up when we leave your house.I will be travel very light.I will have a total of 5 things.With one of those being a case of beer grin.gif Strongly thinking about staying in the sleeper house and fishing.

Hey ST - Are you sure you weren't hearing them noises coming from the good Dr.'s tent across from me? I think ear plugs are a darn good idea.

It is my policy to always carry ear plugs when I know Leaky is going to be around.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 02-27-2004).]

I'll be driving from Duluth. Currently myself unless someone else wants to car pool. If I take my Expedition, I would also have some extra room for any extra stuff if people are too loaded. Just let me know. Will probably not bring my portable and just fish in the house.

Bob when is the soonest we can get in that house. I may go up real early and catch the AM bite. LP it depends on what time we can get in the house.

We are going to miss you Frank but totally understand. Family comes first (blood that is smile.gif).

Northlander - I will try to get a hold of Bryant to see what time we can come. I am sure if he does not have partys bugging out of our houses that morning he will not care how early we show up.

------------------

hmmmm, soon young grasshopper....soon smile.gif

------------------
a proud member in good standing of the International Brotherhood of Triangulists!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

I'll have my sled and quickflip III with me so any one that would care to do the early/late thing with me is more than welcome. I may even head out to some small reefs that don't get fished hard, of course that depends on where we are at. What area of the lake does Gibbins typically have his houses? Looking forward to meeting you all.

Fisherdog

Fisherdog I would join ya if thats cool. Ill have my Guide but if you got a 3 we could just use yours? We will see what the weather brings us too I guess.

I spaced out my son's birthday is on the 26th.
So I had to make a decision that would probably bring disappointment not matter what it was.
My first thought was to ask my son if he minded that I wasn't there. He'd probably understand, maybe to much.
Sorry guys I can't make the trip. frown.gif
I hope that you understand as well.

[This message has been edited by Northlander (edited 02-27-2004).]

S.T. you do what is best for your family! We will miss ya but Ill bring back some eyes for ya. Caugt on Tinglers of course! grin.gif
I corrected some of your LP1 spelling in your post. Thats all it was so dont worry when ya see the edited by.