• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Putting together a FM LOW trip..............

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Bob

• Northlander

• Leaky

• MT Net

This must be a record for one of your posts lately. $ pot for the biggest fish on this outing? Thought I'd show you my last trip up there. 20040129095609990011

Jiggle, can I borrow your truck again?

[This message has been edited by Bryce (edited 01-29-2004).]

Ya, What he said grin.gif.

I think $5.00 ahead on the biggest fish - Walter - is appropriate.

I have to warn you though - I usually win these little contests................

Whatchu talking about Bob? You might as well just pass them there Lincolns right over to the Leakster. Just wait till I unleash the fury of the secret weapon.

Yes Jim, you are fair competition with that hickuping jigging thing you developed tongue.gif.

Well I hate to say it but I got a honey hole Ive been pulling 25-30" fish out of lately! Just send your donations to me at home! grin.gif

Would the secret weapon have long floppy ears? wink.gif Unleash the furry!!!

Oh, fury..my mistake. blush.gif

$5...excellent!

IBOT's? I'm not well versed in such a high order. I wonder now; would the participants of LOW become knighted as some sort of affiliation chapter member?

[This message has been edited by MT Net (edited 01-29-2004).]

I'm wondering if anyone is planning to fish LOW or URL on Wednesday or Thursday. My wife just booked a 5 day get away to Florida with her parents and I will be at home alone with the baby so in turn, I am allowed to extend my March trip another two days. I'll probably fish URL on Wednesday/Thursday and would like to hook up with someone if anyone's going to be around. I've never fished URL before and wouldn't mind getting together with someone that knows the lake a bit. What hotels are in the area that I could stay at for a night or two, and aren't to far away? I should probably book them now so I definately have a place to sleep, even though I'll probably fish until 2 in the morning. Counting the days until then, its almost February, Yee Haw.

Fisherdog

Hey Mt.Net and Leaky,
I would not put it past one of you two nuts. grin.gifThat you are going to rent a snow bunnie outfit for roal entertaiment grin.gif Can't wait to here the good excuce to give Mrs's why renting a bunnies sute grin.gif

Fisherdog..sounds like you've learned the art of negotiation. Perhaps if the home is clean when she gets back, she'll think a new rod and reel is in order? Can't make Weds/Thurs but will try to be up there very early on Friday

Far out Rick grin.gif

You bet we have room. I am glad to hear you are coming!

I came back to update the list. We now have 13 guys for 3 - 6 man sleepers:

Thin Line
Reel Times
fisherdog19 and fisherdogs dog fisherdog
MT Net
Leaky
Northlander
Surface Tension
Little Perch 1
Gary the Guide
Jigglestick
Condor
LABS4ME
and yours truely

Can you say Party grin.gif.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 02-03-2004).]

• 3 weeks later...

As of now, it is 1 month until we head north for the FM LOW trip. 31 days and counting down to the on ice fun time.

Much to do before the trip, like finish the tasks in the winter job jar... Maybe she'll bake us some caramel brownies and chocolate chip cookies for the weekend. Unless the cookie bag springs a Leak, and becomes MT... Gotta' nurish the driver and copilot...burp... rolleyes.gif

Any particular lures, jigs, colors, patterns that I should look into and purchase for the trip on LOW? Fleet Farm is now changing over to their soft water gear/ turkey shoot equipment.

feiertag-smiley-005.gif

Yep, we are getting there smile.gif.

I am gearing up to get a lot of stuff around the house done too. Gotta keep the woman happy.

If you are itching to buy tackle I would look for jigging spoons in gold, pink and white, lime green, chartreuse, blue and any glow colors. I like vinglas, pimples, crushers, slammers and tinglers. For meat hooks I would look for the same colors.

I think it is soon time for people to start pairing up for the individual houses. My house is full so others will have to take the lead and start groups for their houses.
Or maybe I should choose house leaders?

Anyway, each house should plan for their own meals. But maybe we should plan a central fish fry for the entire group? I will be in contact with the guys in my house to make final plans for food. I had planned to do the shopping and figured we can settle up when we are there. My plan is for everyone to bring their own beverages. Snacks can be pot luck if folks want to bring something. For meal planning remember that there will be a BBQ on site if anyone wants to cook meat.

I was at URL this past weekend and had a lot of guys ask me about this trip. It sounded like a few of them will be pulling up (conditions permitting) their private houses. I asked Bryant about this and he said that was fine with him.

This trip has the makings of a very memorable weekend grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif.

------------------

The Doctor is in.............Everybody stand back!!!

Dr. Bob

How about if you do a quick run down on who is coming and who is in which house, and then we can go from there. If I might offer a suggestion, for those remaining who aren't already committed to a house, how about we sort out those who snore from those who don't, and those who want to be loud and party from those who prefer a quiet evening with cocktails, etc. Thought that might be a place to start and folks can try to gravitate to their areas of interest.

I don't forsee things getting out of hand in Dr. Bob's House Of the Rising Moon...

A few bumps during a friendly card game, some B.S.'ing, some laughs, then hit the rack and catch some Z's. Maybe a jingle reel for a late night eel pout to crash out of the bunk animal-smiley-044.gif

Bumps will be at a minimum for me, still watching them darn carbs.

Delta House?

[This message has been edited by MT Net (edited 02-24-2004).]

DR.Bob I did indeed forget. Thanks for the reminder. Yes that works for me. Not long now.

Good.

I think the houses will be in shallow water by then too.

If it is nice out and the snow is down I might be running and gunning a little myself. After catching those nice Eyes on URL I have a bug to catch some lunkers now too grin.gif.

Yeah, and I'll just get mufflered, and be down by 11:00. Or like Bob says, catch a 2nd wind and go find the party house. Either way Northlander, you'll get your zzzz's. grin.gif

Hey MT - I've got a proposition for our trip you'll have to run by Mrs. MT. I'll send ya an email.

Northlander you and Surface Tension actually sleep? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif This I would have to see lol...... U 2 are total fishing animals!! And thanks to you 2 ?, after seeing how much u 2 fish my wife actually thinks I don't go enough.

------------------
en kala
(I fish)

Has the makings of a mess if we dont get some cold weather and get rid of all this slush on the lakes. I hope we can drive our trucks to the houses.
Mine and S.t. and Little Perch's house will be the "Quiet" drinkypoo house. I can get drunk at home Im going to fish and socialize and move around a bit so I want some decent sleep. Anyone who winds up in our house will need to realize this. I will try to get a group together for our house.

I am capable of blending into about any environment but my preference would be to towards a house with more of a quiet, fishing, socializing, and few cocktails.

Maybe you forgot but this is your post I copied and pasted from page # 13 of this thread:

"Bob that sounds good.
Dr.Bob
Leaky (With Muffler installed)
S.T.
MtNet
Little Perch 1 ( Broke and passed out dreaming about snowbunnies)
Northlander
This sounds like 1 doglesshouse filled. Who is in the others. Call your houses now or get whats left later."

I have no intentions of staying up all night. If I get the urge to howl at the moon I'll go somewhere else and do it. I'll just go track down Jigglestick grin.gif.

Do you want to rearrange the original plan or what. I can handle it either way, I just thought that is what we were doing.

We need to get these things worked out now - I want everyone to have a good time!!!!!

Pray for colder weather guys.

------------------

Again here is the current roster of guys I beleive to ge staying in the rented houses. If it is not correct PLEASE let me know folks.

Thin Line
Reel Times
MT Net
Leaky
Northlander
Surface Tension
Little Perch 1
Gary the Guide
Jigglestick
Condor
LABS4ME
and yours truely

------------------

Frozenminnow you can get out and fish more when ya dont sleep on the kitchen table! I go to fish all the rest is cosmetic.

So we have a total of 13 guys. 6 committed to one house (Dr. Bob, Leaky, ST, MTNet, Little Perch, and Northlander) and 7 left.
There were 3 houses, correct. Do we need to pick up a couple more people to fill the 2 houses, as that leaves 3 and 4 per house?

Thin Line
Reel Times
MT Net
Leaky
Northlander
Surface Tension
Little Perch 1
Gary the Guide
Jigglestick
Condor
LABS4ME
and yours truely

No we do not need to fill the houses. They are just fine the way they are. I just ended up with 6 in my house. It averages out to 4 guys per house and Gibbins is happy with that.

It is nice to have the extra room incase anyone else wants to join in.