• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Putting together a FM LOW trip..............

Just found out the wife is going out of state for 4-5 days to visit the folks. Since I can't take that much time off right now, I'm free to do a little fishing that weekend if theres room. If that tilts the balance to add another sleeper, thats fine with me too. If that works and theres room for me to jump in, I would sure appreciate ride sharing with someone. I live in the Hermantown area.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Bob

• Northlander

• Leaky

• MT Net

Welcome Reel Times!

You are in too. I just got off the phone with Bryant and we now have 3 - 6 man houses reserved. He also said it is fine with him if guys want to bring up sleepers on wheels to join us. This is going to be a blast grin.gif.

Updated Guest List:

Reel Times
fisherdog19 and fisherdogs dog fisherdog grin.gif
MT Net
Leaky
Northlander
Surface Tension
Little Perch 1
Gary the Guide
Jigglestick
Condor
LABS4ME
and yours truely smile.gif

Bryant also said he has a couple of more houses open if we need them!

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 01-24-2004).]

Watch out Baudette the Big Boys are coming to play! This looks like a scary scenerio forming here! grin.gif

Its going to be a real big drunk fest. grin.gif Better bring a fat wallet for card games.
Someone's going home with a emty wallet tongue.gif
Who likes to play cribbage? smile.gifI like to play but get a little confused on the countting part of it grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Should be an interesting weekend. Who ever brings a dog buys the beer. smile.gif I'll take the shack thats dog less if ya don't mind. smile.gif If I miss my 2 labs maybe little perch will let me take him for a walk. smile.gif
IBOTs have their clamping and we have a Slush Inhaler that gives 10" hickeys. grin.gif

S.T. stop it your getting me excited! grin.gif
Ill room with S.T. in the doglesshouse. I love my time with my pooch but not when Im fishing.
Little Perch Ill play some crib. All the points you miss I get. Buck a peg! grin.gif

S.T and Northlander in the same fish house better have your cool.gif on might be a seen to see grin.gif
S.T. I don't think I will be your little pooch you can walk.You better find your self
A cute snow bunny to snuggle up to grin.gif
Northlander do you think a dollar a peg a bit pricey grin.gif How about a double shot of whiskey for points missed??? grin.gif
I will be in the same fish house like Northlander and S.T.I love my pooch to but don't take her with me fishing if you don't mind.

Well, it looks like Dotty (my dog) is coming along for the ride. She does enjoy fishing and will even wimper sometimes when a bobber goes down (if she see's it). Maybe she can become the first canine IBOT, and clamp smile.gif I'll also be doing the early/late thing as well so anyone who wants to join me, I'll have room for 1 on my sled and in the portable. Can't wait to get up there, I'll probably fish most of the day Friday near the shacks and just meet you guys out there. Any one else planning on fishing Friday? It will definately be a lot of fun, just hope March 26th comes soon, I'm having trouble falling asleep already because of all the anticipation LOL.

Fisherdog

I could definitely fish on Friday if we left and got an early start Friday am. I can't leave Thursday, though.

I think Leaky, MT Net and I are all going to be up there early Friday. I know I am taking the day off that day.

I think the 3 of us want to be in the same house too so ST and Northlander do you want to jump in with us?

I think I'll spend most of my time fishing out of the sleeper unless it is really nice out. I sure hope it is! I love fishing outside in March.

LP - I want to watch this cribbage game. Maybe I should bring my Camcorder grin.gif.

Bob that sounds good.
Dr.Bob
Leaky (With Muffler installed)
S.T.
MtNet
Little Perch 1 ( Broke and passed out dreaming about snowbunnies)
Northlander
This sounds like 1 doglesshouse filled. Who is in the others. Call your houses now or get whats left later.

Northlander,
Snow bunnies????? grin.gif Aw so sweet and soft grin.gif I will think of something real nast to get you back on this one grin.gif As the old saying says pay backs are real nasty so watch out grin.gif

Hey L.P.1, I'll help you count while we play cribbage...for cash! wink.gif Hopefully I won't go home with an MT Wallet. grin.gif

Gotta go light on the liquid bread, if at all. I'm not about to gain what I lost, I threw out the belly bra... wink.gif

[This message has been edited by MT Net (edited 01-25-2004).]

ST - Make that 8" hickeys (down, Northlander, down). A litter easier to cover up when you get home.

Remind me to get the bunk farthest from Little Perch. I dont want to be mistaken for a midnight snowbunny! grin.gif
Also its $5 a head for biggest witnessed Walleye. If theres enough interest we can go $1 a head for biggest witnessed POUT! Someone bring a digital camera please. Who's going to do that?
Any other ideas to liven things up? Maybe $1 a head to see who can throw a 6' snakor the farthest? Any old discuss or hammer guys out there?

This should be good!

Little Perch 1 and the midnight 8_3_8.gif LOL

I got a ditital camera to bring along. Still getting used to it though.

I take it these fish houses are run off batteries? I may buy a 12 volt adapter/charger to recharge the camera batteries. Not sure if it will work if the houses are 24 volt though. Any info?

Who's going to hold all the cash for the transactions?

[This message has been edited by MT Net (edited 01-25-2004).]

Rob - The houses have propane lights and propane kitchenette stoves with ovens. There are 12 volt batteries in them for the marine band radios and electric fillet knives grin.gif.

Sounds Like an awesome plan. Looks like we've got one house filled. Like Dr. Bob, I'll be hanging in the shack unless it's nice enought to sit on a bucket outside.

Northlander, we'll put you in charge of the Muffler grin.gif. How'd you do on Mille Lacs this weekend? Did you make it over?

Glad to see all the new additions!! Isn't it the end of March yet??

I have a portable power pack to plug in a 12 volt that would be easy enough to bring along, plus a digital camera.

I'm also thinking about renting a snow bunny outfit for MT. Someone's got to entertain Little Perch. grin.gif

Northlander - Mille Lacs report?

Dr. Bob, they must charge those batteries somehow. You want to be the the banker?

I may also buy another camera battery for future BWCA trips. Gotta' snap those pics fast!

Little Perch 1...beer...entertainment...snow bunny suit? Recipe for trouble? grin.gif

[This message has been edited by MT Net (edited 01-26-2004).]

Leaky there is no report really. A bunch of little perch and 1 19" eye that of course you cant keep down there. Those regs are all goofed up down there. 17-28" slot? What a joke that is. Everything we caught this summer fell in the slot!
Oh well thats my big report. Sorry for the let down but I did win a unbucket. For those who liked the Croxston Pond bags wait till Stone Legacy comes out with their rod container. WOW! 8 rods and room for tip ups and tackle etc. It will be worth every cent. Its all hard sided to really keep those rods safe.

[This message has been edited by Northlander (edited 01-26-2004).]

leaky and MT Net,
Oh beer and booz and a live snow bunnie
will make very good enertaiment grin.gif But you forgot a very good recipe blackmale grin.gif Would love the expression on the Miss's Mt.Net and Leaky's faces might get this expresson shocked.gif
To find out there men were out chaseing cute 20 something snow bunnies might be alittle for you guy's blush.gif

Will reply here. Will arrive for breakfast Sat. morning. May have a bunk or two available for those who don't mind a pooch in the mix. Will give lessons on the famous bobbing technique for the brave (beverage donations are appreciated). May have to leave Sun. if the boss gets crazy and thinks work season should begin. One night may be enough if this is anything like a normal URL trip. Beware the expanding triangle. ufo2.gif

IBOT #17 Who's clamping on this voyage?

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-28-2004).]

Hey LP - If you get a picture of me and the live snow bunny (MT dressed up as one), I won't have to worry about the Mrs. leaving me because of jealousy. Believe me, MT just isn't going cut it as a "cute twenty-somthing snow bunny"

But where the blackmail will work, is that she will be laughing so hard I'll never get a squeeze from my own little snow bunny at home again. grin.gif

Boy, I can't wait for this trip!!

aqua view, your in too?? this is too much. i think i'm gonna put on dark sunglasses, and a skinny guy costume so you all can't tell who i am. nah, the clamp would give it away grin.gif
you gonna bring your lead suit bryce? i think you are gonna need it!
not to sure about these midnite snowbunnies yet, though i do have some experience with dust bunnies. confused.gif
dr. bob, do we need life jackets? i have a couple extra i could bring along.

------------------
a proud member in good standing of the International Brotherhood of Triangulists!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

Bob,
Are you trying to figure out who's all pulling up sleepers?

Mine will be coming if the snow and ice still allow. As stated above, may have a bunk or two open. Although if Labs is coming, half of his house ends up in mine at some point in the night.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-28-2004).]