• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Putting together a FM LOW trip..............

I really wish I could go to this thing. But I dont have an opening this weekend. Be nice to meet some of you. I am intrigued at the price of those houses. What is the name and number to this place. I would like to see if there are any availabitites at the end of the month. Good luck everyone.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Bob

• Northlander

• Leaky

• MT Net

Ironman, the weekend of the Dr. Bob's FM LOTW trip is Friday and Saturday night March 26th and 27th. Maybe that weekend will work.

Just clarifying.

dr.bob if there is still room, i am still in for this get together. let me know if you need some scratch, ($) and i will see what i can scratch up.i think i could get together a schmidt load of the red lake regulars too. we could bring sleepers up and i'm sure some would just want to anyways. i had a blast my last and first time up there last season. i'm just itchin' to go again!
you still up for the big red trip? you will have to let me know what weekend would be your preference. i have a couple guys coming the weekend of feb 7th. there might still be some room then, otherwise this weekend we are going up, and maybe one more time this month. money is pretty tight this winter, so my trips will be somewhat limited.
looking forward to meeting you, and the rest of the gang up at low!!

------------------
a proud member in good standing of the International Brotherhood of Triangulists!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

Hi Jiggle,

No need for a down payment - just be there smile.gif.

I do believe Bryant still has some houses open if you would like to recruit some of those URL Rascals. I would do it soon though to make sure we get another house reserved.

The more the merrier as far as I am concerned. If we have some folks with bad drinking problems we can try to put them all in one house as not to disturb some of the more mature guys who need their sleep grin.gifrolleyes.gifgrin.gif.

As for Red - I would love to go! But my schedule as gotten kind of full. How about the first weekend in March? I might be able to pull that off.

If I do not get a few things done around home this winter my wife will probably give away all my gear when I'm at work shocked.gif .

I am really looking forward to hooking up with you too!

Hey Bob - What do you consider a bad drinking problem? I always thought mine was pretty good. grin.gifgrin.gif Shoot, I'm supposed to meet MT in 15 minutes to down a carb or two. Best not leave the man waiting.

Jiggle - Bring those boys and their portable sleepers. Sounds like a blast! I'll be fishing in a portable sleeper out of Morts the weekend of Feb 21th (ice series weekend). Are you going to be around? Maybe hook up for one at Westwinds?

Leaky do you have room for me to toss my cot in your sleeper? I cant get a place to stay yet. Hoping for a cancelation at lake road.

Northlander - I'll be in a friends crank down sleeper that weekend. I'm fishing with him this weekend up in Ely. I'll check to see if he has anyone else coming with him. I'm pretty sure it would just be him & I. I'll let you know. There is a picture of his shack on the web site I set up for photos.

I would like to go but I wont know until feb. I usually go steele head fishing in Michigan the last week of march. might be going up this weekend that just might change my mind.

------------------

Nice job on some big fish Steve. My in laws were fishing out of a house with walleye retreat monday and tuesday and caught mainly smaller eyes/saugs.
Xplorer

Northlander,

Which weekend and where? Im lost! Maybe I can help you out.

------------------
End of the Line Charters
Lake Superior
1-888-U-HOOK-EM
www.fishontheline.com

Leaky I was also confused. Ya I need a place to stay on Red as well now that I think about it. Unless S.T. got a place?
Joel I do need a place to stay on LOW for the 12th and 13th of March for the Ice series. Hey how are we set for the 24th? Anything I need to bring up as far as food etc.? [email protected]

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Wish I could be up there with you guys on the 24th. Catch a few for me will ya smile.gif

Have fun guys!!!!!

dr.bob, could you drop me a mail if you see this. really all i need is your email, so if anyone has it i would appreciate it. thanks

Just found out about this get together and would like to make it. I was originally planning a trip up in mid-march but will wait and join this crew up on LOW. Count me in unless otherwise noted. I'll bring a small house on wheels (6x8) and sleep in it, will also bring a sled or ATV with my poartable so I can move around if its slow where everyone is at. Hope to meet some fellow FM'ers and catch lots of fish.

Fisherdog

No problem if you have your own house to sleep in. I am sure Bryant would not mind that.

Hopefully the snow will be melted down enough for folks to pull stuff out. They do all their house moving with Bombers and do not plow roads to the houses.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

fisherdog19, Welcome to the BDR forum.
I see we share the same occupation.
I've never taken a job as serious. smile.gif

So you say you want to play some poker hey rolleyes.gif?

That would be fun grin.gif.

There are cribbage boards and cards in the houses already.

Here is the roll call:

MT Net
Leaky
Northlander
Surface Tension
Little Perch 1
Gary the Guide
Jigglestick
Condor
LABS4ME
and yours truely smile.gif

Fisherdog19 is coming but will be in his own house.

Yes we have 2 - 6 man houses. If this keeps up we may need to get another one!

BTW - I have sore ribs too............

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 01-23-2004).]

I was not aware there was still room available in the sleepers. Since there is, I'd rather stay in one of them, so put me on the sleeper list. Should I call to pay in advance or pay when I get there? I'll still bring a snowmobile and my portable so I can do some exploring. Might be able to talk my brother in law into coming and he could possibly bring his 6x8 on wheels if there isn't too much snow. I ok'd it with the boss so its official, and will probably be up early Friday (will mix in some sales calls on the way up) and fish until it's time to meet wherever it is everyone is meeting. Can't wait to fish LOW again and meet some fellow FM'ers. Until then, fish hard and be safe.

One question, what do you all think about dogs, as I usually bring my dog on fishing trips. She's a 9 year old, 32lb (small), mild mannered, English Setter that loves to go fishing, and sleeps most of the day. If you don't think it would be a problem, I'd like to bring her (I feel guilty about not taking her hunting at all this year), if you all don't think its a good idea, I'll leave her at home. As you can see, my forum name is named after her.

Fisherdog

[This message has been edited by fisherdog19 (edited 01-23-2004).]

You are in fisherdog!

That makes 11 guys in the two houses:

fisherdog19
MT Net
Leaky
Northlander
Surface Tension
Little Perch 1
Gary the Guide
Jigglestick
Condor
LABS4ME
and yours truely smile.gif

It would be better to have 4-5 per 6 man house. I do not think Bryant minds that at all. So if we get another for sure commitment, I'll call him to see if we can get another house.

As far as I am concerned I'd love to see your namesake join us! I love dogs. Does anyone have any objections?

No deposit is needed. I just ask that everyone be serious about this and do there darndest to be there. Bryant trusts me and I am trusting you guys. If it looks like anyone can not make it I would really appreciate that they let me know asap.

Thanks Guys smile.gif.

Well...as long as the dog don't mind me snoring. I won't share my pillow with her, maybe my socks, boots, coat, I draw the line with my pillow. If she don't steal my meals, knock over my beer and drink it, then its alright by me. wink.gif

I hope our chefs won't confuse her kibble as some sort of pre dinner munchie! shocked.gif

Might look like the original Dogs Playing Poker...

[This message has been edited by MT Net (edited 01-23-2004).]

As long as I stay in the other house I dont care about the dog. Ill be moving around during the day as well. Thats if we dont continue with all this white stuff. Ill be shallow early and late and do the midday in the sleeper. Of course Ill be slipping in a few " DRINKY POOS" with S.T. as well. grin.gif

OK i'm in northlander I'll get a hold of you and follow you up there. went up last weekend -30 wind chill fishing was a little slow.

------------------

Ok, so its about 2 months away...and time seemed to have stopped. Just bought some last minute gear. Fleetmart down here is already putting out their summer apparel and gear. I never understood this practice. Its still January, but they're putting away the ice fishing gear and bringing out the swim wear and water toys.

So, we have (2) 6 man houses? I tend to snore, as my sore ribs from my wife indicates, so you're forwarned of the rattling rafters.

Who's got a cribbageboard? I can bring one. Poker? who much should I expect ot loose? wink.gif

7_3_112.gif