• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Putting together a FM LOW trip..............

Ya ST you should jump in with us. Im bringing my portable but theres still plenty of room. Let me know. Fish on SAT.?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Bob

• Northlander

• Leaky

• MT Net

Northlander,
When do u want to leave superior for the big pond? I was thinking about or so.What do u think? Won't have much stuff so will not take up to much room.I don't have a portable so that will cut down the space.

Northlander,
When do u want to leave superior for the big pond? I was thinking about noon or so.What do u think? Won't have much stuff so will not take up to much room.I don't have a portable so that will cut down the space.

We should leave earlier than that so we can get in the afternoon bite. Maybe 8 AM? How long does it take you to get tp Souptown?

northlander,
It takes me 3.5 to 4 hours.depending if I got to stop for gas and the bathroom break.You tell me when you want to leave.I will be there.If you want to leave earlery that is fine with me to.

I figure if we leave at 8 or 9 that puts us up there at noon or 1. Just enough time to grab a snack and get out on the lake for the PM bite. What time will everyone else be up there? Oh and we will pick up ST too.

[This message has been edited by Northlander (edited 12-07-2003).]

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'll be ready and waiting. smile.gif

Ok its a date. Myself, S.T. and Little perch in the LOW express. Hope you guys likr Rap music. grin.gif Just kidding its more like R&B.

Man O Man,
This has all the makings of another B-Bash!! As much as i would like to commit to being there, i just cant at this time. Unfortunatly, I really wont know if that weekend is open until probably Feb 1. Sucks.
If it looks like it will work i will make it somehow. I've even thought about bringing up the boat and doing a morning/evening lake ice bite, and a birchdale/frontier day bite if the river is open that weekend. We'll see what works.
Xplorer

PS: Bob, Pigeon Falls?? I was just thru there last weekend on my way to LaCrosse. I remember stopping at the small bar on 53 a few times (cant remember the name off the top of my head tho, Dew Drop Inn maybe??) Used to "roadtrip" tween LaX and eau claire in my younger days grin.gif

Hi Chris -

Boy I sure hope you can make it! We'll do our best to fit you in if you can.

You are right - it used to be the Dew Drop Inn. I am not sure what it is called these days. I never really hung out at that place, but learned how (and how NOT) to drink in a lot of the other area watering holes down there grin.gif. BTW - I sold my Otter in under an hour.

They rest of you guys - I am not sure how early we can arrive on Friday. I'll have to check with Bryant. I'd like to get some fishing in on Friday too. One good thing is the days are longer that time of the year and sunset is about 6:30 then. That leaves prime time up until about 7:00.

Bob,
I figured it would go quick. Ya, i really like the late season fishing on LOTW that time of year. If its half way decent I just fish off the sled and catch a decent suntan while i'm at it smile.gif Bryant and the guys at Gibbons seem like a great bunch, tried to talk the in-laws of staying with them when they go up in Jan but the M-I-L wanted a cabin at the end of the day.
Hope to see ya on the ice B4 the get together. Are you plannin on being up there for trout opener on the 17th?
Chris

I can make those dates easy....and yes ...just let me handle the fish fry...I will ride with whoever...but bob does live close...might even be getting a job up there...cant seem to get much around here...but thats after tax time so that can be swung easy...look forward to it

------------------
garysguideservice
garytheguide.com
[email protected]
Phone: 218-744-3158

Chris - Sorry to say I will not be on Burntside for the opener mad.gif. I did not realize it, but that is the weekend we are taking the kids to the AmericInn in Orr to celebrate the January birthdays. I guess I'll see you at the bash instead.

Gary - Glad to hear you can make it. I can taste those walleye, perch and sauger already grin.gif.

Hey Chris - Lets see, we have about 4 months to figure a way to get you up there. Wouldn't be the same without ya. Will I need to sweet talk the the Mrs. if I see her during opener in January?

Jim,
I wish it was as easy as a little "sweet talking" (that i could handle easily grin.gif Actually she doesnt mind at all if i wanna go fishing, encourages it in fact! Yes, she is a real keeper!!)
It comes down to if she is on call at work or not, and that schedule wont be definite til @feb 1 i'm guessing. In fact i hate to say, but due to a coworker having to have surgery i may not be there on opener. Will find out in the next week.
I'm hoping it works out, I really like that time of year to fish up there. Have had some good mixed bag days before.
If i dont talk at ya B4, have a great holidays!
Xplorer

• 5 weeks later...

I am going tomorrow tongue.gif.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 01-08-2004).]

Bob - How the heck do you edit a 4 word sentence? grin.gif

Have a great time with the kids up there!

I messed up my smiley and had to go back and fix it smile.gif.

I'll be cleaning fish again on Monday night!

Dr.Bob,
Hope you guys catch alot of fish.Have agreat time on the ice. grin.gif See you at the b-bash smile.gif

got to thinkng...anyone hear that noise ??......anyway, Im going to take my boat up and look for open water on the river...just take my 16 w/ 25hp...ice fish one day and river the next...off to faribult tomorrow..so if no reply to a reply..have to go work down there tomorrow, for Valv,,be back later in the week...or in a week..sure wish a guy could work by home, but at least Valv is a great guy..any body need some boat stuff, talk to him..hes a user of fm,....

later

------------------
garysguideservice
garytheguide.com
[email protected]
Phone: 218-744-3158

I just got back from Gibbin's and had a GREAT time as usual smile.gif. Jezz, Bryant even swept the snow off my car for me as a couple of his friends and I unloaded my stuff out of the Bomber.

Jason had an 8 pound plus baby boy a couple of days ago! Everyone there is pumped! Way to go Kruzeman grin.gif.

Fishing was not to bad. My daughter and I caught 47 walleye and sauger total and kept our limit of nice eaters. We also caught 5 nice jumbo perch, one tulibee and one 3 pound sewer-shark. All in all it was a pretty nice weekend.

I was talking with Bryant about our March trip. I was mistaken, the 10 man house is actually an 8 man and Bryant said it is not his nicest house. It got me thinking on the way home, that maybe I should call him and see if we can get two of the 6 man houses close together instead. They are WAY nice houses and that would give us room for a couple of more guys if others want to join in. What do you think guys? Give me some input please. Hopefully he still has 2 of the 6 man houses open for that weekend.

BTW - Northlander called me this morning on my cell phone. He and his crew were fishing in 18 feet off of Pine last evening and iced a 30, 4 - 28s and some other big ones (I forgot what he said, I was too stunded!) He'll have to give us an update when he gets back on Tuesday.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 01-11-2004).]

Bob - Sounds like a great trip. Beats the heck out of the one 13" perch I caught this weekend. Two houses sounds like the way to go. As of now, it sounds like we have:

Dr. Bob
Leaky
MT Net
ST
Northlander
Little Perch
Garytheguide
Jigglestick?
Xplorer?

Am I missing anyone?

Leaky,
Unfortunatly it looks like I'm stuck at home for this one.
I'll drop you a line today about this weekend, chunk and i are meeting in the am at van vac, and heading out.
Xplorer

Leaky - You are correct.

Xplorer...........Bummer, I sure wish you could make it frown.gif. Have fun this weekend though, I wish I could be there!

I got a hold of Bryant this morning and was able to secure a couple of 6 man houses close together. This will be more comfortable and we have room for 2 more guys.

IM BACK! Oh yes we popped some dandys right away Sat. PM. We got set up and within 1/2 Hr. my buddy nailed a 31" waldo. Yes we got tons of pictures. Within 3 hours or so we had that 31" and 5 28" eyes. We also got a few mid sized eyes in the 20" plus range. Great afternoon Sat. After that fishing slowed down with the cold moving in. We moved shallow, deep, shallow all 3 days and after Sat. never got into any hogs. Myself and Poutslayer did manage to russel up some nice 17"to 22" fish each day though.
Only lure I had that really was what I call consistant was a glow bubblegum Northland Fire Eye Spoon. Big ones came off of that or a small jig or a bare hook on a deadstick or bobber. Sat. the fish hit spoons well but Sun and Mon. we really had to downsize and slow down on the bottom.
S.T. can you post some pictures for me when I get them developed?
Rick can you get them on the home paje. I got some nice pics of big fish alongside my Quickflip Icehouse wich works just fine in the wind by the way. Those Soderblom sand tube ice anchors are the shiznit I tell ya. All my friends now own them. If you guys have a flip style house you need 3 of these. You wont ever freeze your house in again!
Im pumped for our trip Dr.Bob and crew. Bring your cameras and warm clear weather. They are supposed to get 4-6" of snow tonight so it may be tough to get around where its not plowed. As of now you can go wherever you want.

Thanks for the report Steve!

Boy, I sure with the Fish Gods would smile on me sometime confused.gif