• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waverly

iFishMN.YT

Went out there the other day and got crappies skunked. Dont fish the lake much but used to do good a 5-6 years back out from launch around the point. No houses there this year so that spot must be dead. Anyone getting anything out there? Im tryin to find a new spot out there for some crapies. Anyone fish Little Waverly? Wondering if theres anything going on over there.

Waverly has been one of my better lakes this winter. I have caught several walleyes and crappies out there in the past few months. There are two very distinct groups of houses out there right now; one in front of the bay on the north side and another on the SW side of the lake. Both spots are producing fish. Last weekend I drilled holes throughout the small crowd on the SW side and managed to C&R several crappies. You won't find any giants, but the fish are a respectable size. The usual low light periods and small glow spoons with two or three waxies have been the tickets for me out there this year.

Last year, around this time of the season, I nailed some dandy crappies and sunfish during the middle of the day in less than ten feet of water. I haven't had a chance to try super shallow on Waverly yet, but when I do I will use a two colored Ratso with no live bait and look for weeds; dead or alive.

Waverly is good lake to get away from the crowds too. I have had the best luck drilling several holes over a large area and then just hopping from one to another.

I have seen no more than one house at a time out on Little Waverly this year. Pretty slow.