• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if anyone is having any luck on Wild Rice Lake. I've heard the pike are biting sucker minnows in 10 FOW. I looked on the DNR's site and checked out a map of the lake, it looks really shallow. Is it worth checking out?

Pike on Rice and Eyes/crappie and Perch on fish. Gills are doing well shallow on Fish.

Any luck with crappies on Fish? I've had a little success with crappies on Chub, but not much.

Jorgie did ya read my post above? Not many but a few and nicer ones than you get on chub lake.

Whoops, sorry Northlander. I did read your post, but somehow skipped right over the most important word, crappies. How the hell did I do that?!

IMO, Rice is a good spot to try for some pike. Look back through posts from a couple weeks ago, or do a search for Wild Rice Lake. I personally like finding the rock piles. Often then you have a chance at walleye too.

I'm not sure that you are going to find 10 feet. You're right, Rice is shallow and usually I am fishing in 4-6 fow (from the bottom of the ice). Good luck.

A couple of weeks ago in about a week span we iced half a dozen 32-38 inch northerns and another dozen or so from 26-32 not to mention the numerous hammer handles. Nothing fancy only tip up fishing in 5-6 feet of water from the bottom of the ice. Don't be shy about the size of the sucker minnow. It also seemed that we did better for size from 8-10 am. When we did stay into the evening we saw walleyes show up on the camera a couple hours before dark on the edges of the rocks. We haven't been back since before the cold snap. Just got back from Red lake actually and we should of stayed on Rice.

Jorgie we will be there Sat as well. Probably not til noon I have a TON of snowblowing to do 1st. Look for a maroon f-150 with a FM sticker and my name on the back window. Big rock card on back as well.

Did you make it out Northlander? If so, did you have any luck? I didn't get out there until about 5 and stayed until 7. Would have stayed longer if the lantern hadn't run out of propane five minutes after we got there. But we didn't get any action anyway, could have been the spot. We just picked a spot in between a group of guys.