• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Over/Under shotguns

Cheif Catchemall

My father in-law has decided to give some of the kids money to buy an airlum tye item to remember him by. I thought an over/under style shot gun would be a good fit for my purchase. I just started looking and I want to be sure I am looking at all of the the options in my price range ($500-$750). I do plan on using the gun occasionally. Does anyone have any good suggestions? Make, model, etc...

Used or new? Used guns already have character. Who knows what you can get if you look. For new guns, Mossberg came out with a new one in that range, Remington has one in there and Weatherby has one just over it. Franchi prolly has one close. Browning and Beretta will be too expensive new. I recommend you waltz in to a store and kick some tires, then come back with some specific questions.

Another brand to look at that is made in Italy is Traditions Feild II made by Fausti.

I bought one from a board member and really like the gun.

Fit and finish is well above the $500 guns, they usualy run about $700 to $800 depending on where you go.

The Mosbergs have a nice look, made by KHAN out of Turkey for them.

If your looking for the same gun only with less detail in the finish they sell the same one under the Khan name brand.

Benny