• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Loss of a Friend.....

Hey Guys,

I don't post much on here, but just thought I should drop a note letting everyone know that Tom "FOOT" Miller died this past weekend of a heart attack. I know he spent some time on this forum.

FOOT was a die hard duck hunter and has helped run the local Rochester DU commitee for as long as I can remember. I hunted with him and my dad on some of my first duck hunts 15+ years ago.

Here was one of his last posts.......

Quote:

Amen CT. Lets git rid of this snow and cold weather and get to open water fishing.

I'm feeling the best I've felt in over a year and can't wait to get the boat out and get to drowning bait. Not only that but I've got a 7 year old grandson that wants to get going as well. Opening will be at Winnie again this year with my son and possibly my grandson. 7 might be just a tad young what with opening having the possibility of some rough cold weather.

Hope everything is going good with your ticker and the medication you're on works. I just had a week in St. Mary's where they finally shocked my heart back in rythum. It had been in AFIB (upper chambers beat faster then the lower) for a year. I finally saw a Cardio Dr. that said to try shocking first rather then go right to a pace maker.

I'm feeling great, loosing weight and ready to go.

FOOT was only 59 frown.gif

My thoughts are with his family.

I never met him, but I did converse with him several times via email about the Battle Lake area.

A class act for sure!

He will be missed.

Thanks for letting us know.

My condolances to his family, and to the grandson who never got to hunt with his grandpa.

May his skys always be filled with ducks and his waters full of fishes. frown.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

My prayers are with you FOOT.

Thanks for all you shared with us Tom.

How sad. My condolences go out to his family.

I wish he could have gone to Winnie with his son and grandson. Just reading his last post tells me that he was one heck of a guy.

This is a shame. We're thinking of you big-guy.

I remember well his posts in the turkey forum, as he was always interested in his son getting a bird more than himself. He'll be missed.

Joel

My prayers are with his family and close friends during this time of shock and sadness...I didn't know him beyond his posts on this site but just from reading this particular thread I can see that he was a class act and will be missed dearly. Live each day as if it were your last.

Prayers go out to the Miller family on their huge loss...

Tom:

May your highballs ring true, and may they all come in with cupped wings and feet down!

Good Luck!

Ken

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

My prayers go out to the Miller family. A fellow waterfowler will be gone but not forgotten. Tom may the ducks and geese flood you in the heavens above!

Terrible news!

I always enjoyed FOOT's posts and willingness to help other waterfowl addicts.

My prayers for Tom and his family. He will be missed! frown.gif

I am a die hard duck/goose hunter. So are 3 of my good friends Ron, Jim, and Jake. I know how close some duck hunters get to one another. Its a shame. My grandpa hunting goose a little in his life he died when he was 66 not much older. My payers are with his family. frown.gif

My prayers to the Miller family...

I enjoyed his fishing "reports" on lake iwannabethere

marine_man