• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Choke Tube+

tealitup

I was wondering if anyone has tried a choke from TruGlo which they say twist for any choke type.. i.e. open, mod, full ect... just wondering what you all think of this?

I think they are about $75 - I have a beretta and can hit any pheasant, but can not seem to hit the broad side of the barn when hunting ducks. I always seem to start with the Beretta but change to my Mossberg -(Dead on accurate duck hunting)

That's usually called a Poly choke. I don't like them.

Have you patterned you gun with the chokes? Remember different shot and make of shells can pattern differently.

I have an SBE and didn't like the factory chokes for duck hunting. The patterns were high and left for most of the shells i used. I ended up buying a choke that is a light modified and is ported. Awesome choke. The only time I don't use it duck hunting is in Flooded timber when the ducks are right on you. Other wise I use it in ND, over dekes, pass shooting and jump shooting. I patterned it as well and it is much better than the originals.

I would just go out and by a patternmaster for 10 dollars more and be done with it... if you want a tighter pattern use the paternmaster... if you want a wider pattern use standard chokes... I use the patternmast when I hunt geese... You get very few cripples and you can shoot them at longer ranges.. as for duck hunting i just run mod...