• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Aerial view of Lake Zumbro

I found this picture while looking at the internet. I thought I would post it for reference. Some people who never been out to the lake want to know where places are that we talk about. It's not the best picture but oh well.

paragraphs3504014kj.jpg

Thanks for the info. That is handy. I'll post some more links that may help people to explore a bit.

Satellite view of Lake Zumbro that you can zoom in on and move around

Map view that you can zoom in to navigate and see what the streets are.

As a tip, click once on the map then use your arrow keys or the + or - keys to move around or zoom in or out.

Thanks for the map. How did you know i was a visual learner. Hey is there any way you can add high banks in there. That has always been a mystery to me. If you can't understandable you have already done enough. Much appreciated. ike

Look at number seven. Rattlesnake Ridge. It's long spoon shaped point. Sometimes we call it Neitz's point. Go straight out from there. Opposite shore. That's the high banks area. All the way along that shore.

To get an even better look of the lake via aerial photos, check out the full color orthophotos:

Interactive MN Aerial Photos

To find the lake, find the junction of Goodhue, Wabasha, and Olmstead Counties and look a tad northeast. With some zooming/panning you should be able to find it.

When you're close, Neitz's point and the highbanks will look like this:

highbanks.jpg

Joel

Quote:

I think I see Rick trying to get back in the boat back there.

Tom,

I thought that was farther upstream? lol

Andy

There too. He spreads his water-worth around, ya know. He has sampled water temps at both ends of the lake. Real versatile he is!

Quote:

There is no need to pick on somebody for sampling water temps.

Tyler,

I don't think Rick had as warm of water temps as you did testing the temps back in July on the Backwaters.