• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I got a friend coming down from the cities this weekend and wanted to show him that Rochester has some decent fishing. We are looking for crappies and sunnies.

Just looking for some ideas on where to go.

Lake Zumbro is an option, but I haven't had a whole lot of luck, Willow Creek could be an option, but we would like some crappies.

I would like to take him to the country club manor pits, but I don't really know where to park and how to get back to the fishing. I do have a mayo tab for my license plate, so I suppose I could park in the lot. But where do I go from there?

Guess I am just looking for a few suggestions.

Thanks guys

The Zumbro would be the place to go if you’re looking for nicer fish, but its been hit or miss all winter.

According to my statistics this ice season, the North manor pits has more fish, but they tend to run a little smaller. The South pit has fewer, but nicer fish. Both will have crappies gills, and largies.

Park on the far west side of the mayo lot. You’ll have to drag your gear around the fence. There is a sign that says No Parking on Grass and just walk North of that sign down the little path. Either pit can be accessed this way. The banks on the pits are pretty steep, so watch your step.

Thanks for the info. I think we will give it a try.

I was out at Zumbro a couple days ago and got 2 nice crappies, and then I went yesterday and had a perch a small sunnie and something that busted my line.

Are the fish in the pits big enough to keep a few for supper if we catch some.

There are a few decent size crappies in both the pits. But most of them dink sunnies would fillet out into potato chip size pieces.