• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Time for a spring bobber....

Pantherburn

After last night I am convinced my ultra-light/noodle/micro this and that is not gonna get the job done on those really, really light biters. I did okay initially and they were semi-aggressive but once they lulled for a bit, I was connecting on 1 of 10 fish.....my silouhette (sp.) on the side of my clam must have been pretty funny to see. Probably looked like Danielson, waxing on and off. Anyways, I always knew a spring bobber would help but thought I could get around it. Not so much anymore. smirk.gif

I've seen similar things in my recent trips as well. The demand for a spring bobber is definitely there as of late. Some very finicky fish and a lot of bites are going undetected without a spring bobber, the hook-set is too late because you're missing the initial bite. I tried running and gunning without a spring bobber and things were rather tough. I switched over to the spring bobber rig and my success rate doubled, if not tripled.

However, I would expect the bite to pick up here in the next day or so, if it hasn't already. These warm temps and sun should put those fish back in the mood. Get that pressure change and we'll see some action...

They weren't in the mood where I was last night! Could see them stacked up on the fishfinder, but they were in a definite negative mood. I think I got three bluegilles, and I had to resort to a #12 Ratfinkee on a spring bobber to have them make their move.