• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Reports from Mac's Twin Bay?

tuffyfromsconie

Now that its almost over,,Did anyone do good at MTB? for walleyes? Ive hit most every rock pile around there and didnt catch a one...Tried lots of diffrent stuff,,Was it just me???

I caught a ton of nice perch this year but not a single walleye. I always go out to the gravel and catch lots of walleyes. But since we couldn't do that this year, there wasn't a walleye in my bucket. I think I saw a total of 3 on the camera.

Brad are you still in the same spot as when I stopped to see you? We were over Hennepiin for a short time and then pulled back to Hawkbill. Gizmo brought his in also. We had a good perch bite that first weekend. Haven't been there for amost two weeks due to other commitment and a trip to LOW. Bill

we have been ice fishing out of macs now for 3 years and this is the best year for walleys we have had there. still only 2 keepers but many big ones. just wandering how everyone else does on macs. we usually go out to hennipen when we can but this year we stayed on road i all winter. Is the gravel really that good out there? is there any problems with theft or breakins? would like to try it but that is a long ways out but if its that good fishing it would be worth it. we use to be out of wilderness lodge on the north side of the lake till they went under. never had a problem catching fish up there. always went out to 30 ft of water in the mud and always caught walleyes and perch. since bieng at macs I really have a problem catching fish is it the area? sand vs. mud or has the whole lake just gotton worse. by the sounds of people writing on here seems some people dont have any problems catching limits. just want everyones opinion.

good fishing

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Well for me I have fish that island your taking abour for years but then i went out to the mud one day befroe they changed the limit on the perch. I got 30 of them nothing under 11 inches long i never did that by the island so i kind of left there and stayed roamming the flats and have been doing well. I stop zip a hole drop a jig and watch the vex if things are good ya know it pretty quick then i set up the trap and get to work. My cousin's shack was on July Bar and they hammered the eyes early then they shut off and they caught very few perch. So it sounds like he will be tagging along with me this weekend. That is my thoughts i dont know if they count.

This year was rough for me. Started on I in sand and did well with perch. (Lots of action for the kids and enough keepers for adults. Even a walleye occasionally) Moved to 30-ft rock pile west of Hennepin the last 4 weeks and it stunk. A few walleyes, a few keeper perch, and a few northerns. (Yet the camera made it look like a prime spot!) As for the gravel, I definitely hope it's accessible next year. This was my second year in a row of not getting out there and I definitely don't catch as many fish close to shore/Hennepin.

so do you catch alot of perch out there on the gravel to? how many houses are usually out there. I think i will try it next year.