• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Santana opening day starter??

friendlyfisher

Guess what, from what I have heard, Gardy has aready said that he is having Santana start the first game this year instead of Radke starting for the 15th time.

They could set the rotation so that Radke could pitch the home opener the following week...

• 2 weeks later...

I say dont start radke on the home opener... start Liriano because he is a far better pitcher, and send Radke down to AAA to see if his straight fastball works down there.

Sorry but liriano is starting in the pen. Radke gives up a few early runs but he always has us in the game. He just needs a few runs by our offense to get the win.

Liriano will not be pitching in the bullpen. He will be a starter. If not for the Twins, he will be starting in the minors. They aren't going to use him at all in the bullpen the way they did with Santana.

I suspect that the same will be the case with Baker. One of them will be starting for the Twins, the other will be starting in the minors. If Lohse falters early, we may get to see both Liriano and Baker starting behing Santana, Radke, and Silva. But Lohse will begin the season as the fourth starter.

one things for sure, the twins have good depth at starting pitching this year. we just need the offense to score for them.

Well if we all can get as excited as "Backherup" did last year when his team had Rondell White, we will be just fine... atleast until reality settles in. grin.gif

The smack talking is already starting in early march, I love it.

By the way, my sources are still telling me that Liriano will be in the pen for the twins to start the year. BUt then again what do I know.