• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A good friend of mine is on the lake almost every weekend and he just found a spot where the crappies are biting. I am going up soon but do not know exactly where his perm is. Plenty of ice , enough to drive all over . I don't remember him mentioning exactly how much ice there is.!

Haven't fished it in two weeks but there was 15" of ice then and they were driving all over the lake. With the cold last week it should be no problem. Fishing was very slow then but that was two weeks ago so who knows now. Good luck!!

Ran into a gentleman, at breakfast this Sunday morning at the White Oak Inn in Deer River, who was obviously dressed up for ice fishing... Asked him if he was going to Winnie?

No, he said. He was fishing crappies on Bowstring, and he had a very exciting trip yesterday (Saturday) and believed his party was returning to the same spot today.

Said he caught a limit of northern pike early Saturday afternoon, ON CRAPPIE MINNOWS... Said other nearby anglers with larger bait also did well.

Then the crappies started biting around 5pm, and he picked up a limit of crappies by about 5:30pm, when the bite ended... Said he didn't know Bowstring well, somebody else in his party had picked the spot... smirk.gif

I wished him luck, and we went our separate ways... Anybody think they know approximately where he was fishing?

kooch