• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cross-country with sleds or trucks ??

yomammy

It's been 2 or 3 weeks since I've been to the shack....What's the skinny on traveling from point A to point B ( not on plowed roads)...Is it by vehicle ( 4x4 ) or snowmobile ? Your help is appreciated

you should be able to go cross country with your truck but watch out for cracks and heves. i was up their this past sunday and we went from sherman's flat to seguchie flat with no problem. you just need a little run when you want to get off the road or crossing it because of the drifts. but you should be fine. i was. good luck fishing.

not too bad i caught 1 eelpout out at sherman's and when we were out at at seguchies we ended up with about 25 jumbo perch nothing under 11 inches up too 14.5 inches. not too bad for a day of fishing. also some friends of mine were close and they only caught 2 jumbos and a 16 tulibe which was cool seeing that. the action wasn't really fast at all we had to really work for them and switch the tackle up quite a bit.

thanks stretch,

thats better than any perch fishing ive ever done. tulibe are cool too. one time i caught about 30 of them off of hunters point. i only kept about a dozen to bring to a guy at work who smokes things. had i known before hand, as i know now, im keeping every tulibe i catch for smoking! ...haha

i was thinking earlier in the week today would be a good day to get up there. it didnt happen though...kind of a broken record lately. it will be fun to read the reports.

regards,

minnesotatuff

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

The little one on the 9-14 inch range are get pike bait. Freeze in vaccum sealed bag i do 2 at a time and ya got bait for big pike.