• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Red Lake and Foster Rentals

suick100

WOW, what a Great Weekend on the great Red Lake with my 14 year old son. We rented a house from Pat Foster and I caught a Trophy Northern on a tip-up within the first 15 minutes of fishing this past Saturday 02/18/06 at 10:00am. Picture will be posted on the above listed website. She measured 42 inches in length and weighed just over 21 pounds, and Yes it is going to the taxidermist today. I am a FIRM believer in catch and release, however, I have always said I would keep and mount my first northern over 20 pounds. I am age 45 and have fished all my life and have never caught a true trophy northern pike which in my opinion is anything over the magic 20 pound barrier, until now that is. We also managed 6 slab crappies and missed another 4 which got off in the hole, and numerous walleye throw backs, and 3 bonus dandy perch to round off the weekend. Back to this fish, I felt like Jonah fighting the Whale, as I stood outside in -40 degree windchill, with no coat or gloves as I ran out of the icehouse to the flag, but it didnt matter as I was under a serious adrenline rush and actually felt hot. It took around 5 minutes and many runs with line feathering through my hands to finally bring her up the hole, and to finally guide that Giant head through an 8 inch hole was unbelieveable. My son and I secured memories for a lifetime that morning. Thanks again Pat for the Awesome time and Outstanding accomodations you provided. I'll be Back!

Way to go on the nice Pike!! We heard all about the story from Pat the next day, said you we're pretty exited as well you should be!! We fished the white house that was situated just to the north of where you caught your Pike, same stuff, lots of walleyes(18), a few perch, and did manage 2 "slabs", still fun being out there. Pretty bad when you catch more walleyes on Red, then LOW, but as I said, still a good time, Congrats again, The Bumble