• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lowrancen h20

jighed

Question

i just bought the h20 and bought the minnesota lakemaster chip well my problem is i have a lake map with gps readings and when i put the coordinates into the h20 it is off as to where the lake is.is there anything that makes it more accurate?

6 answers to this question

What Lake?

A lot of the Lakes are basic Dnr maps which can be quite a bit off.

Did you enter the waypoint manually?

yes i did it manually. another thing is i was fishing maple lake in wright co. and i put a waypoint down where i was catching fish it said i was in 47 ft of water on the map on the gps chip but i was really in 32 ft. of water thats why i was wondering how accurate the lake maps are on the chip and how accurate the gps is .

The lakes that Lakemaster resurveyed are spot on.

The lakes that are old DNR data are sporadic as to accuracy. Some are pretty good, others are not so good.

I also have a question with the H2O, I am looking to purchase one and was wondering whether to get the color or non color. I was told the color run runs the batteries down pretty quickly.

Andrew Shae

Are you using the same coordinate systems, like not mixing degrees /minutes / seconds vs. degrees and minutes in .000's?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

shae1986, both the H20 and H20c come with a power cable so your not going to be relying on the batteries all that often.

The color makes reading the maps so much easier when your viewing them on a small screen. Which ever you decide to buy I'd get a couple sets of rechargeable batteries and not worry about battery life.