• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Washburn/Bayfield next weekend

My sled isn't running so i think illtakewhaticanget, end of the line, and myself are going to walk out of the bayfield marina tommorrow am, probally leave around 5:30. Another option might be fishing off the onion or the sioux which are located just north of washburn. All areas feature shallow and deep water within walking distance from shore. Most likely we'll be out of bayfield bright and early for some lakers.

slow bite out there today although i must admit that all the excercise felt good. grin.gif I think today might be a good time to hang up the ice gear for the season and start looking towards open water. tongue.gif

Dont quit now Quick. Some of the best fishing of the year is starting up. I dont envy you guys tugging your houses threw a foot of snow. Any fish at all?

Nope, it was about as productive as shore fishing for me smirk.gif Quick and backcast both got whacked in deep water, and maybe one or two on the graph, but otherwise we were just out there for the exercise. Quick you can't give up now, we'll make a man outta you yet grin.gif

Outdoorran and myself convinced my brother to bring his sled along so we ended up down at houghton point. We managed to put a few fish on the ice after moving around three times. I also managed to lose a nice Coho back down the hole for Randy after having it on the ice twice. blush.gif Slippery buggers.

i wish we could have gotten out to that area, although if we had a sled we probally would have chased lakers off of red cliff. It was too hard to pull the shacks through the snow to get to any super productive water, but from the sounds of other reports, nobody did phenomonal on sat. glad to hear you guys got a few fish at least.

Wal, after that nice landing job i did on your first splake in the morning he throws my coho back down the hole. Something about his leg being on fire, dang heaters grin.gif I was surprised to find less snow there then in Superior.

We ended up with 5 different kinds of fish, and only ended up putting one hole in the shack tub crazy.gif

It was a good time for sure, might do it again next week.