• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Curious where all the gills have been coming out of Fish lately and what time of day they have been catching them. I plan on fishing it both this Saturday and Sunday but I haven't been way back in all the bays before. Any info on depths, time of day, kind of jigs, bobber fishing or jigging, and anything else you can think of will be much appreciated. I'll be on a Green ZR with my trusty little Clam Jr. behind it if anyone wants to stop by.

Try Pontoon Bay, Little Moose and in between the island and shore just to the east of highbanks. Early and late is best but you still get a few here and there mid day. Talk to Tim at Highbanks when you drive out and pay your access fee. He is very willing to help. Tel him Steve from Fishing Mn. sent ya.

Thanks for the info Northlander. I'd assume that the gills are being caught on waxworms? Are there any certain depths that are working the best right now?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Try the spots Northlander recommended. If your not getting fish right away start moving around the area and change your depths. You should be able to find gills in 5-12ft.

Custom Jigs & Spins Shrimpos & Ratsos, Ice ants, small pimples and 1/16th oz go Devils tipped with a waxie.

Smallest white pimples and waxies last time out. A couple fell to ratfinkies and Shrimpos. The perch were running big and took a full crappie minnow or minnow head on the pimples. Crappies came after or just before dark. Daytime I was in 11' of water and dusk about 8'.