• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gull Lake Crappies/Walleye

Planning on staying at craguns for the natural resources conference next week. Just wondering where if at all, the crappies and walleyes are biting on Gull Lake. Or at least what is my best bet.

If you are fishing next week you'll need to concentrate on sunfish/crappies since the walleye season closes this weekend. The bite isn't tremendous but there is some action in the mornings and evenings. Wilson bay is a good choice on the south end of Gull. Another option is Sylvan just to the south. I was out for bluegills this morning. The action was decent but I didn't end up with anything real big. If it warms up at all the bite should get pretty good.

Jason Erlandson

Jason just wondering if you could come up with a panfish report that would enable me a chance at some fishing on Gull for the 4th thru 7th march.Staying up at causeway between shows and need to fish. also do you need to use only portables now up there or can we go on ice and remove daily on permanent if hooked up to ATV. pry you a little more,what is good fish food and tackle

Hi Primetime, I've been out of town for a few days so I'm a little out of the loop. When you are up please stop in at the bait shop and I can show you a few spots to try. I'll know more about the latest then. You can still you any type of house as long as it's off the lake each night. Just bring some small panfishing tackle. I like using small glow demons for crappies or nuclear ants for the sunfish. Wax worms, maggots, or small crappie minnows for bait.

Jason Erlandson