• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sounds like Bennett's gone

cybermuskie

From ESPN:

Bennett moving on

<Feb. 21> Bennett's days with the Vikings have apparently come to an end.

"They told my agent they're going in another direction, so I won't be coming back," Bennett said in a phone interview with the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "It's disappointing, because you felt you established yourself there and you wanted to be one of those guys who stayed with a team throughout his whole career. But it didn't work out for me."

Slowed by an preseason injury, Bennett played sparingly in 2005, rushing for only 473 yards and three touchdowns. The Cardinals -- whose head coach, Dennis Green, selected Bennett in the first round of the 2001 draft, are expected to pursue Bennett. The Packers are also considered a possibility for the Milwaukee native.

"I don't know where I could end up; anywhere, really," Bennett said. "But those would be two great places."

I hope if they do trade C-Pep they use his salary to bring in Shaun Alexander to take Bennet's spot.

No surprise here, and no great loss. Bennett had great speed, but he could not read blocks or tacklers at all. I was tired of watching him charge straight at piles of offensive and defensive linemen for no gain. Hmmm...Bennett in Green Bay, trying to run behind that patchwork o-line. I would enjoy watching Bennett take hand-offs and blazing into the backs of his green and gold blockers for one-yard losses. laugh.gif

Quote:

I hope if they do trade C-Pep they use his salary to bring in Shaun Alexander to take Bennet's spot.

That would be a step in the wrong direction! Why give a running back that is nearly 30yrs old that kind of $$$. Not going to happen. Take a chance on a back in the draft will be able to draft a good one in the 1st Rd if they go that way.

My wife wanted a jersey a while back, so after Bennetts pro bowl year I bought a Womens "23".... figured he would be good for a bunch of years, should have flushed my money down the toilet grin.gifgrin.gif All I can say is "dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!"

Quote:

I wouldn't mind seeing an o-line drafted first. We need to bring in one or 2 somehow.

I think a lot of our questions will be answered in free agency. There are some decent lineman out there. Runyan,and Hutchinson are 2 that top my list. I think Childress might make a run at Runyan, and Zygi wants a big turn around his first full year, so maybe he will dish out the cash, and fast!(like they did hiring a coach) After free agency I think we will know more about the draft!

I think free agency will be better then it has in years. Good people anaylizing talent and an owner willing to pay the $$$.

I heard Runyan wants to stay in Philly though, said he might take less money to stay there.

Anyways I think in order of importance we need:

O-line help

Solid younger Middle Linebacker

Running Back that can run and block

And Koren Robinson resigned.

The only reason I was thinking Runyan is that maybe he liked playing for Childress,and vice versa. If he wanted him bad enough Brad could get Zygi to shell out the money.

Here's what I've got on Robinson:

Talks are beginning between the Vikings and Robinson, ESPN.com's John Clayton reports. The Vikings want to keep Robinson, and he wants to stay. If Robinson hits free agency, the Vikings have the ability to match any offer because he has a right of first refusal clause in the contract.

Robinson, who rehabilitated his career in Minnesota last season, previously expressed interest in returning close to home and joining the Carolina Panthers, who are likely to attempt to bolster their receiving corps.

After a difficult tenure in Seattle, where the receiver was dogged by off-the-field problems, Robinson earned a trip to the Pro Bowl as a return man in 2005.

All I can say is if the Vikes have a good O-line next year a guy like Moore in this offense could thrive. I would love to see either Demeco Ryans or Marcus McNeil drafted with our 1st round pick.

Quote:

My wife wanted a jersey a while back, so after Bennetts pro bowl year I bought a Womens "23".... figured he would be good for a bunch of years, should have flushed my money down the toilet
grin.gifgrin.gif
All I can say is "dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!"

yeah that #11 I got for a gift last year, might not be making another appearance wink.gif

Quote:

I'd like to see the Vikes trade up in the draft and get A.J. Hawk!

They'll have to get into the top 4 if they want that, cause if Thompson has any brains at all the Packers will take him at 5. Unfortunately for the Vikes none of the top 4 can afford to drop down that low, plus the Vikes I doubt have what it would take to get up that high. I'd say wishful thinking at best.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if the Packers don't take Williams the DL guy out of NC State, but I would like to see Hawk along side Bennett for years to come.