• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Weekend reports? 2/18-2/20

I know a few of us had a 3 day weekend... so lets hear the reports..

I drilled a bunch of holes... man tha auger got some use this weekend. I had a hard time looking for some nice bluegills. My normal spots for this time of the year were pretty dry of decent fish. I found a few but not the numbers I am used to. And when you drill more holes than fish you catch your not doing all that well.

The crappies we a little easier. Protiller and I hit the ice last evening away from the crowds and really got on a nice crappie bite. Fish were not huge, but the action was fast. I did best on a pink/white 1/16 oz go devil and a minnow head.

I had a three day weekend, but the cold temps and family doings kept me at home Saturday and Sunday. I did get out with the pup and chase some birds yesterday. Great day to be out.

Thanks for the report Deitz.

Keep the reports coming Deitz. Im headed home on the 4th of march, can't wait to get back on the ice. If you have an afternoon off sometime in the week i would be glad to get out fishing w/ you. If not, maybe ill see you on L.O.W the 11th.

Very cool Dan.... I'll be at the Cool Cats Ice event on the 4th... might have an evening to drill a few holes.. I'll check my calendar!

if not we will for sure see you up at LOW.

I actually got out on Monday in the Chisago area and did very well. Started at around 9am and left the lake at 6:30pm. Didn't have to move at all, the action was none stop all day. Caught the occasional Crappie during the day, but they started rolling in at around 30 minutes before sunset and completely shut off at 6:30.

Kept about 14 bluegills, 4 Crappies between 9"-11" and one Perch. Yeah, perch! It was pretty big for a metro perch anyway. Set up a Tipup which was moved 3 times and had no luck using a med. sucker. Had 1 18-20" walleye come up to the hole on a 10# flutterbug and waxie but got off as the head came up! I'm pretty happy glad no one was around, especially kids! LOL Actually, I didn't have any neighbors all day which was very nice! Surprisingly I had the best luck with the bull 'Gills on minnow tails. Crazy, eh? They prefered them to waxies and heads. crazy.gif

Only the second time this season I've kept fish and man were they good! Just finished polishing most of them off with the fam. Going out again tomorrow morning and hope to have similar luck. I promised a friend I'd bring him a couple fish grin.gif