• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tiller Handels

gunflint

Question

Does anyone know if the tiller handle placement is standard from motor to motor? I traded in a Merc 25 for a Yamaha 25. I won't see the new Yamaha until sometime in April. I'm in the process of putting my seating arraingememt back together after this winters project and I'm concerned that the tiller handle on the Yamaha may be different. Even a couple of inches difference can make for a long, uncompfortable summer.

2 answers to this question

If it was me I would just wait until I had the motor mounted. Then screw the seat into place. At that point you could put the seat base where you want it.

Jason Erlandson

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Bases that bolt to the floor will hold longer but you can't move them around. I'd go with lag screws, just make sure you have enough of a backer under the plywood so that you can screw your seat bases into something with substance. Then when you get that outboard mounted you can anchor the seat where it feels comfortable.