• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Questions for the weekend? Thank you!

walleyefey

I am heading up Wednesday evening for a four day weekend. I am curious what road to head up on. Should a person use Rogers, Hillmans, Westwind, or other? We are happy to catch walleyes, pearch, northern, and obviously crappies. I would like to locate my lodge sleeper in an area that keeps the bobbers moving. If I have to move to find the crappies that is fine, I am just looking for a good road and distance on a road to look for good action. I have been looking at the reports and they are mixed. If anyone has some good input that would be awesome. I have the lures and electronics to do some good fishing, I would just love some input on where I should set up. I plan on setting up my permanent for all of the "other" fish and plan on searching for those elusive crappies. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Right now your best bets are to fish either Hillman's or Westwinds roads anywhere from 4-7 miles out. Avoid the crowds amd look for rough ice. There's a lot of it this year. Keep moving until you find them. It took us almost 200 holes and a day plus to find them this weekend. Sometimes you get lucky and find them right away. Make sure to bring you auger extention. We barely got through dozens of times and didn't make it through on a couple of occassions.

Here's a hint. If you're catching lots of eyes you need to relocate if you want some slabs.

Good Luck!

I have gotten good reports from very reliable sources that they are getting fish out Hillman's road. Out five miles the road turns right, take that and go approx 1.5 miles and spread out if you can. Good luck.

Matt

Quote:

Here's a hint. If you're catching lots of eyes you need to relocate if you want some slabs.

Borch- I didn't catch a walleye in 2 days of fishing. We might have had 5 or 6 total for the 2 days. However, 29 crappies in the bucket. Good advice.

Hey Matt will be up there the next couple of weekend might have to get together.?

I am not sure yet when the next time I will be up for any length of time, other than the weekly drive up to stock up the magical glow jigs and spoons. I will contact you if I am coming up on either weekend. Take care.

Matt