• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Perch Fishing Mille Lacs 24th - 26th whats my best bet?

Papainvinceable

Few buddies, brother and I will be fishing Mille Lacs next weekend, does anyone have any recommendations for catching perch????

I think the best bet is to make your way out to the flats. Thats seems to be the best reports coming off the edges in 32 feet of water.

I had the best luck with fatheads and a plain red gammie- I switched out too many times and decided to simplify it. Crappie minnows and waxies on smaller pimples produced smaller perch. fatheads landed the 14'+... Good Luck!

Quote:

I had the best luck with fatheads and a plain red gammie- I switched out too many times and decided to simplify it. Crappie minnows and waxies on smaller pimples produced smaller perch. fatheads landed the 14'+... Good Luck!

How many?

My luck has been on my jigging line with a 1/8th ounce buckshot and a minnow head of the fathead or rainbow variety, with a spring bobber and bouncing it off the bottom . , Seems to be what the walleyes want when they come through also. I am fishing 21 to 24 feet depending on the day and using the super glo perch color. Most of the perch are coming in at 10 to 12 and a half inches. This combo has been good for limits or close to limits every time out this year. Too bad i dont eat fish!!(allergic believe it or not)This weekend should be prime again.