• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Upper Red Lake Slabfest 2006!!

flyer21ez.jpg

Alrighty guys. Here's the details.

When: Saturday, February 25, 2006

Time: 1:00-2:00 pm is set for an "official" meeting time. However, I will be up late Friday night and don't mind if anyone stops by earlier on Saturday morning.

Where: My ice shack at Roger's Campground. I'm currently about 2 to 2 1/2 miles out on the east (right) side of the road. However, I may be sliding the shack in closer to shore early Saturday morning. I've heard some rumors of a better bite in closer and I'd like to have people closer to the fish if possible.

What's the Plan?: The plan is to just get all the FM guys together I can. I will be bringing my BBQ with so if you want to grill something, bring it and I'll cook it up for ya. If anyone else wants to bring food to share, go ahead. However, I'm not feeding you guys! grin.gif Beverage is on your own of course. Hopefully, we can swap some fishing stories and figure out where the bite is going to happen that evening. Anyone fishing Friday night, please bring info!! grin.gif Hopefully we can get everybody on some fish. (fingers crossed!!)

Last Minute Details: What I'm going to do is have a stack of maps in the lodge at Roger's Campground. There will be directions to my shack, GPS Coordinates, as well as my cell phone # on the map. You have to stop in to pay your road fee so might as well grab the map as well. Just ask Jerry or Joani inside for a map to Hanson's Slabfest. I will make sure they are in there by 8am or so on Saturday morning. I'm not going to be up to Red until midnight or so on Friday and need a little beauty sleep. grin.gif

Like I said, finding me should be easy. I have a 7'x12' perm. shack on skids with gray pole barn siding and white trim. (see photo above) I will also park my truck in a visible spot close to the road. My ride is a black 99 GMC Sierra Extended Cab and I have big Fishing Minnesota decals on the doors. If all else fails, call my cell phone on the map available at Rogers.

Please e-mail me sometime this week as well if you need additional info. I'm more than happy to help.

Hope to see ya'll on Saturday!

Hanson, is there any report from "slabfest 06"? I spent the day in bed, not feeling well at all. Missed the event and in fact only seen one hour of daylight, it sucked to say the least! hoping someone had some fun!