• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Are the crappies hitting on Big Pine yet? I have a lot of fun chasing them, but I think it is m ore like March.

Thoughts?

So, have you guys heard of crappies. They are tasting fish that are black and silver. Don't set the hook too hard, you can rip their mouth.

Anyone have any crappie luck, or is it a secret? Has anyone drivin past the "crappie hole" on Big Pine? Any houses?

Hey i have heard of those fish before. laugh.gif

Hit, we caught a few on long lake earlier in the year but that tappered off. I haven't been down by Detorit Lakes in almost a month, but this weekend i might be down there. As for Pine, i haven't ever iced it, and only summer fished it once, but that will change this year. Good Luck on finding some information

Andrew Shae

Shae --

What are you doing visiting another area?

I am a little upset with these OT perham guys. My wife's family has lived near perham for like a million years. I didn't know you guys all had lock jaw. confused.gif

Jerkin --

Such anger. You should get that checked out.

wink.gif

Thanks for not helping out. Stop by the DL forum and we will not help you too.

Have a nice day.

Yikes.

Dahitman44-

Don't take it so hard. I've noticed that a fair amount of questions about Pine don't get much response.

Coupled with that your question was about panfish, that seems to double the lockjaw factor. I personally know a couple local lakes that had the living snot pounded out of the panfish over the last few winters. It was all over a couple sites, and it was a real zoo on those lakes. People that get on a good bite now tend to keep it quiet.

Your second post certainly was worded in a way that would not really make people to want to help you, even if you ment it in good humor.

Everybody - Let's play nice.

Big Pine gets the crap fished out of it as bad as any lake, winter and summer. shocked.gif If there was a spot that didn't have a fish house or 4 on it this year, I'd be surprised. You should have seen the southeast end!! It was a zoo. On a year when the fish are biting, they get wiped out pretty fast. If I have a good bite going on BP, you can be sure this is the LAST place I would talk about it... Sure, this forum is fun to read, but to share information with total strangers after I busted my rump figuring it out??? I barely even tell close friends!! When you're catching fish you don't need these forums, other than to brag a little bit grin.gif. People who aren't doing well think those who are should share??? C'mon, gimme a break. I don't expect anyone to share info, but I read the forums anyway just in case!!! Hope Springs Eternal in the heart of a Fisherman! If a Great fishing spot is like gold, which I think it is, then these forums are like lazy people begging for money from the hard working ones. Maybe I'm missing the "spirit of the forum", and suspend my account if you must, but realistically don't you think it's pretty normal for people to be hesitant to share good info?

Gissert --

I did not mean any harm. I did not ask where you guys were located or any specific Qs, I just thought I would ask if there are any shacks on the crappie hole yet.

I would think that would be a fair question.

I have a LOT of great panfish info on the Perham area, thought I could share, but you guys don't like to play nice. frown.gif

Thanks anyway. I know some nice fellas at Gene's Sportshop, I guess I could call them

Hitman

Fair enough.

BTW, I have shared my spots with others on this forum, but it has only been in person, and only after both parties were sure that it was not gonna get plastered all over the net or local watering holes. Ive seen too many lakes get the snot pounded out of them. In fact, I know of one this winter that word got out on and the panfish have just been decimated.

Last winter, a good tulibee bite was reported here, and the next weekend there was a zoo on that spot. That incident alone caused a lot of folks to clam up.

Just because many are tight lipped should not be confused with not playing nice. Sarcastic follow up posts sure don't help gain anyones trust, and borders on trolling.

If no one responds to your request for info, don't take it personally.

Again, BP just seems to be one of those lakes on this forum that does not generate much response when people ask. I know nothing about BP, never fished it.

Your suggestion of contacting a local bait shop is a good one.

I'm with Gissert on this one, don't take it personally, it's only fishing. I have never fished Big Pine, only Little, and I have only seen 1 crappie caught on that lake in the 3 years that I have been there. Granted, I am not a die-hard fisherman (you probably have figured that out by now), I generally spend a lot more time (and money) at Homestead Lumber, Crane-Johnson, and Bretz Hardware than I do at Genes Sport Shop. But, it makes me happy so that's what counts I guess.

I hear what you are saying. I don't like to give up too much info either.

I was a little sarcastic with you guys because I was trying to be funny, but also I thought it was strange that a simple answer like if the houses are on the spot yet.

I meant NO harm. It seems like an ok question. I will stand by my question.

Thanks

Hitman

DaHit

I heard the pout are biting on the south side of the lake between the top lip and the bottom lip. Not sure if this helps or not, bit I thought I would share some information grin.gif

I hope this helps you in your quests grin.gif

Gissert

Wonder how many guys are scrolling back to last year to find that hot tullibee spot? cool.gif

I hear ya, Code.

BTW -- My bro-in-law just moved his house off the crappie hole on Big Pine. Just three houses there and the run has NOT started yet. I would think later in the month.

I figured since you local boys didn't want to give a report I thought I would. wink.gif

I'll bet I ran into a couple of you fellas at the perham JC deal. That was a good time. -- Not everyone is your enemy. wink.gif

So Hitman, you asked a question about the Crappie spot on Big Pine, when all the while your Bro-in-Law had a house on the spot you were asking about??? blush.gif Pretty sneaky!! grin.gif That's only going to make us Perham guys more cautious in the future!! tongue.gif

No way man --

He spends so much time in the barn it is impossible to get a hold of him. He just moved to that spot like a week ago and he doesn't return messages very well. I thought I could hear from you guys quicker.

I guess he was quicker. wink.gif

You fellas need to work on your trust issues. grin.gifwink.gif

This thread seems to beg for a slice of my father-in-law's unvarnished wit and wisdom, from a collection lovingly known as 'Arvinisms':

"You'd think if a guy was wonderin' if they be bitin', he'd be fishin'..."

Can't we all just get along? Hit, better be careful or you may find tourself in jail again wink.gif. Freak, Pearl Lake- Lots of 8 inch crappies and smaller gills.

Fisherdog

Hitman,

Why should we post when things heat up on BP? Heed the messages from Schweady and Fisherdog. What do you think has happened to the panfish on BP?????????