• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody wanna check out a bass club?

I fish with Stellar Bassmasters which is a MN BASS Federation club. We fish 6 one-day tournaments in May thru August. We currently have 9 boaters and 7 non-boaters so far this year.

We fish for fun, no money. Our main incentive is to place in the top 5 in the club to qualify for the State Amateur Tournament each September.

So there is room for boaters and NONBOATERS.

If your interested you should come to our first meeting of the year scheduled for this next Sunday afternoon.

Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to call even if you don't know anything about the BASS Federation.

This is a great opportunity for young people to fish from nice boats with experienced fishermen and learn a lot.

We also sponser a JR Bassmaster club so if you are a boater with kids 11-17 who want to try bass fishing this is also a great opportunity. We had 7 kids last year and hope to add a few more to the club this year. We can take two kids in a boat so we have plenty of room for more kids.

Club dues are $100 per year. $50 per year if you don't care to compete for the State Tourney spots.

[email protected]

The meeting is in Plymouth near Medicine Lake

If you live down in Marshall you should go to the State Federation website and indicate you want to be contacted by clubs in your area. www.mnbf.org

What's the matter? Don't you want me in your club? Once you get to know me, you might like me. Actually, the link you posted didn't work. I doubt that there are any clubs for this area. We don't exactly have bass fishing in SW MN. Alex area would be the nearest. Besides, I have a daughter that lives in Plymouth and it may give me a reason to stop in and see her.

I just found the site. Thanks

Hi X, of course you would be welcome, you don't even have to have a personality, they let me in the club right?

By the way I put my e-mail in the first post if you really were interested. If you wanna joke around that's good too!

www.mnbf.org

whoops forgot the g before

Great way to recruit members! I am the new Southern Minnesota Region Director for the BASS Federation if anyone is interested in this or is looking for a club to join, please contact me at [email protected] and I will be glad to help you out. There is a shortage of clubs in the southern region of the state and I am interested in helping to set a few new clubs up in the Mankato or surrounding areas. If you are interested please drop me a line.

Thanks,

Bob

Hey Beef, I did you send an email. I wonder if it got caught in a spam filter or something. I just had a few questions....

What area are the tournaments in?

What days are the tournaments on? Any idea what lakes would be fished?

Is it $100 per person or per team?

I have a boat and a partner in mind. Would I fish with the same person every tourney or are partners switched up?

We draw to match a boater with non-boater each event. So the non-boaters get to learn from different people.

The lakes we are fish in 2006:

May 21-Loon Lake Chain-Webster, WI

June 3-Sugar Lake-Wright County

June 10-N/S Center-Chisaco

June 24-Pulaski-Wright County

July 22-Big Marine-Washington County

July 29-Cedar-Wright County

October something-Sarah, Hennipin County

It's $100 for everything for the whole year for each angler.

It is customary for the non-boater to give the boater $20 gas money. Not mandatory for young people under 18.

The non-boater opportunity in these clubs is the best deal ever made! I wish I'd known about it 20 years ago before I had a good boat. This how Ike, KVD, Brauer and all the pros get started!

Call me an go to this Sunday's meeting, we have a nice indoor pool to test with new lures and tune baits etc. I got some chatterbaits I wanna look at, I also have looked at all the new plastic frogs, I have some Stanley Ribbits that really look good and I wanna see how they swim and buzz.

We have at least 2 spots for non-boaters if your buddy adds a boat we have 3 non-boater spots.

Any young people old enought to drive a car and who can't afford the boat of their dreams yet can get in on this, our club has Rangers, Champions, Pro-Crafts, Nitros...

All our boaters really go out of their way to make sure their non-boater partners catch fish. I had a non-boater partner get 16# on Waconia last year and another partner got 12# on Big Birch.

[email protected]

Hi Bassman, I didn't get an e-mail, is there someplace on this site you pickup mail?

Say I looked at your bio, your Dad has fished with our club and your brother was in our JR Club-top stick of course.

I heard your Dad might join the club this year. You'd be a great addition too. I fished with you at the little Waconia contest we put together in fact I remember that 24 lb bag you and your partner caught pretty well. Even Ted Capra was impressed.

Try my e-mail again [email protected]

I don't understand why more young people aren't jumping on this opportunity. We want at least 2 non-boaters!

Well I got excited when I saw the first tournament was on Sunday, but it looks like all the others are Saturdays and I think that would conflict with my other league. Although I still don't know which Saturdays my other league is fishing, hopefully I'll find out soon...