• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Permanent camper spots??

My parents are looking too move their camper too a permanent location somewhere "up north" and i suggested the Alex area and i would help pay for the spot. Can anyone here give me any suggestions too a nice place on a lake that has permanent camper spots. I'm curious about such lakes as Osakis, Miltona, Minnewaska, Mary, or any of the other decent walleye lakes around. Thanks.

I believe Mary has a couple associations that may accomodate permanent camping...Miltona may have one or two...I know that the one on the west end is pretty full...not sure where the opening would be.

best bet may be to check in at the Chamber...get a hold of the 2006 visitors guide...there's a grid of resorts and campgrounds that will have the numbers right at your finger tips....

good luck.

Hey Ghotier i was looking at one a couple on line. One was on Mary, one on Minnewaska, and one on Amelia. I've been on Osakis i know thats a good lake. Can you fill me in a little bit on the fishing on these lakes as far as what i can expect too catch? I love walleyes but crappies and northerns are a close 2nd.

Check with Kurt at Eden Acres II on Mary. He might have some openings. Mary is usually a pretty good walleye lake, although last year was pretty slow. Hope this helps.

James...as mentioned, Mary is usually pretty good for walleyes. It is typically a good draw for opener, as it's broad and shallow enough to warm early. Little Mary is known for panfish as well. Northerns lurk plentiful as well. (some nice carp haunting the shallows if you're a bowfishing nut like me!)

Minnewaska is a great multi species fishery. You can search the threads on the board and find lots of 'waska discussions. You can do the same for Amelia. It might not have the press as a fishery that the other mentioned lakes have...thus it may be a bit quieter...and those that are regulars on Amelia like it that way.

Bottom line....no matter what choice, you'll be on the water. You can't go wrong.

good luck and good fishing.

Not sure of any other lakes but know Ida has all that your looking for. Ida Rather Be Fishing (on Schwab's bay) is one spot. Not sure of their availability for a spot however.

I rented a trailer spot from Eden Acres2 for 11 years, until they went co-op. Nice resort, Curt is the owner and takes care of the place (docks, lifts, mowing), all we had to do is unlock the trailer and settle in for the weekend. Fishing is good when you learn the lake, just keep an eye on the locals.

Good luck in finding a place to park your trailer

James,

Best campground I have seen is on Mary, East side, Eden Acres I. I think there are spots open (there were last fall) but it is a co-op (sites are purchased/owned). They had a good deal going, rent to own, with an option to rent for 3 years (or sometning like that) but you could convert rent money to buy at that years price. Not sure if that is still going but assume it is. Mary is usually a good fishing lake but last year was not good. I don't think it was that good anywhere last year though. Who knows what this year will bring.

Good luck with it.

• 2 weeks later...

My parents just got a spot on mary saturday. They got the second to the last spot. The name is westridge Shores Resort. Phone # is 1-800-822-2434. www.westridgeshores.com is the web add. I beleive it is about 2500.00 a year. As I said there was one spot left as of sat but some other people were looking at it. They way my ma talked it was a fairly new camper spot. They have new docks. Concrete slabs, cable,city sewer, water and elec. No pets. They are a nice couple with 6 kids. It's worth a shot to give them a call. Hope this helps.

Mary is a great lake walleye fishing was slow last year but i did real well after dark when alot of guys call it quits..and have a place in bigfoot resort...it is one of the only resorts left with no association fees...not sure if they have any spots open havent got the news letter yet this year telling of who's leaving or selling..so might want to give them a call to see if anything is left..Alot of fun is had up at the lake on the weekends..Beers cold always!!! good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I would try Eden Acres, but you better find a spot quick because these things always fill up fast. I think you can also search for permanent campground spots on the explore minnesota website.