• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Freezing Friday Feeding Frenzy

Hanson1287, Reservior Dawg, and I braved the elements this past Friday afternoon/evening and found surprising success. Hanson and I arrived at Willow Creek around 5:30 and fished until 7:45.

I really wasn’t expecting much, but decided to setup in a little deeper water than normal. We put our shack on 15FOW and that is where it was staying. The -40 wind-chill was fresh. About 10 minutes into fish, we marked a fish at suspended at 6’ off the bottom. Boom, landed it and it was close to an 8”er. The rest of the evening was a similar story. Every fish we caught was suspended at least 4 feet off the bottom. We never caught a single fish near the bottom. We boated exactly 20 gills over the course of the evening, and I’m calling that a successful trip. The weather was brutal. Our shack never warmed up even with the sunflower on high. Every breath steamed and made a foggy haze inside the shack.

The fish were somewhat aggressive as we caught about 80% of the fish we marked. We fished Marmooskas exclusively tipped with a waxie. The fish would nudge it, then back off for a few seconds, then nail it.

Res Dog setup a little shallower, and had more numbers than our shack. He setup about an hour earlier, and quit at the same time.

Glad to hear you had some luck Tyler. I was checking the forum throughout the weekend just because I was so curious how you guys handled being out in the Siberian cold!

I'm gonna try the Manor SOUTH pit tonight for a while.