• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

yeah so are whitefish and big crappies

Wade- Did you get into the tullies around duluth?? If so could you fill me in? I love fishing for those...

If you wanna call Big Sandy lake near Mc Gregor "around duluth" then yes, thats where I got them.

They are great smoked. It's been a long time since I've had any. Maybe one of these days I'll head over there and try to catch some. Maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Any hints on what area of the lake you were on?? Was it close to the 30ft on the end? I usally make a couple of trips to leech to get a bunch to smoke but last two years not a single Tulli. In fact there was nobody out fishing for them. It use to look like URL on Sundays out of Stonypoint. [email protected]>>>later the load

I am almost ALWAYs willing to share. There is a point that sticks out and points toward the overlook, about 100 yds out from that point (south). 22 fow.

Do not know the lake that well. Where did you go out of and what was the ice conditions like??? Were you using waxxies and jigs? A little more help would be nice>>>later the load

Driving South on 65 from Jacobson you will come to a scenic overlook that looks out over the Lake. Just south of that about a 1/4 mile you can see a small public landing on the left. I drove out from that landing. Veer slightly left toward a point that sticks out toward the overlook. There was three permanent houses out there. We were about 40 yds north of those houses (Between them and shore line) The dam would be further up to the north from this point. Wish I could give you better directions.

I caught them on tiny panfish glo jigs. One on a waxxie, the other on a small crappie minnow. Water was about 22' and both fish came from about 16 fow. Marked others at the same depth.

Hope this helps.