• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

friday/sat. update

kdawg

Just got back from fishing fri/sat. Got to our house at 12:00 noon and started catching nice jumbo perch and walleyes almost immediately. Very steady from 12:30 til about 4:30. Then they shut off. Caught one 15-inch crappie. Had a TON of fish come up to bait, look, sniff, contemplate, then decide that they liked staying on bottom. ?? Oh well, had a great time. Altogether caught about 40 perch, 20 walleyes and 1 crappie. We didn't have the luxory of moving around as we rented a perm. house, and even if we brought our portables, it was a balmy 27 below, not including the 30mph winds. Hope info. is helpful to anyone out there.

We rented a sleeper on Sat. Fished 2:15-11:30, then again from 5-8 sunday am. Got 1 crappie at 3 pm saturday, then nothing til a 4 inch 'eye at 8 am sunday. Went home with the "what the heck did I do wrong" feeling that a good skunkin will get you. But that's fishin I guess.

Sounds like you had lots of action other than the crappies, so that's definitely fun. My mom might be the bad luck charm, last time she was up with my dad she had the same exact outcome as this weekend. I was surprised to not see any perch or 'eyes yesterday, but who knows. That's why it's fishin, not catchin.