• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Downgrade my Minnkota?

Slyster

Question

With a 14 foot lund (rowboat type basically) would moving from my 55# Maxxum to a 30# Endura really make much difference? The Maxxum I have feels to heavy and is big for the boat. I like the fact how small the Endura 30 is..

Speed? Battery consumption better on Endura or the Maxxum with it's "maximizer" technology?

9 answers to this question

My opinion, you never have too much trolling moter power... Think of how many times you have used your maxxum over 50% and then think you will never have that again if you cut back to 30lbs...

I would agree with Dietz,you never seem to have to much ,and its a bummer when you dont have enough.I rather turn the power down than run out.

I also agree with Dietz and Harvey lee. The more trolling motor power you have , the better!

Hard to get more power when it is needed from a motor that is to small!

Cliff

I use a 40lb Endura an my 14 footer and the only downside is not having infinite speed settings. The speed settings are just clicks on the handle and it would be nice to have some in between.

Don't listen to them Slyster. Dump that Maxxum as fast as you can.

ahh, how much do you want for it?