• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Weekend Report

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

How did everyone do this weekend? Anybody fish the flats? We fished about 2 miles out of Hunters. We caught about 5 Jumbo's and one six inch walleye. Oh and 2 4 pound eelpout. It was a pretty poor outing.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Next weekend I will be out there somewhere tryin for a monster perch in hopes of bring home some cash. It will be on a mud flats somewhere in the middle of the big lake. I already have a load full with my dad and uncle. Just waiting on my cousin to give me a word on them Crappies but nothing is going on where he has been.

I was out on a gravel bar on the south end and it was slow. Just a few perch on the camera and they wouldn't even bite. I think maybe we were a little deep but I thought with the cold it would be better to move out some. I am going to give it a try on thursday and see if the warmer weather helps.

deadeye><>

Got a rental unit out of Agate Bay Resort for the day and did alright, not great but enough to keep us somewhat interested..2-10 inch perch 1-14 inch wally and 4 nice pouts. Most of the day was slow..a flurry of activity between 10;00 and 11;30 then again 5;30 - 6;30. all fish came off of red hook with a fat. Had very comfortable units, nice folks.

Was out this a.m(Mon) out of Liberty. I fished 3 Mi., 29-34' of water. I caught a 15" eye early am but things were slow from there. I was within 200' of 29' and caught a few dink perch. No big ones today, but there is always the next time out. I marked alot of fish and got a lot of short strikers but the only fish that really hit with conviction.........was convicted! Lots of lookers today, I suspect many in the 3-5" range. I am looking at going back shallow because the deep stuff isn't putting out for me.

Tunrevir~

Keep this in mind. When I was up on Friday, the bigger perch did the looking and the smaller ones did the biting. I watched it all on the camera. We caught plenty of them too. So I wouldn't assume the ones that just looked were small, they might have been the ones you were after.

Are weekend was pretty slow. WE first were on south two mile and saw alot of perch got 5 between 10-13 saw alot of big ones on the camera Thoose would dust up the bottom and then come up and grab the jiggin rap. All were caught on wax worms only saw one walleye wasnt interested, On Sunday we moved are permanent out two a flat. WE were right on the break millions of little perch saw three eyes during the day At about 5:30 pm a big walleye hit are wrap got him up to the hole but couldnt get his head to come up it After are third try he was coming up the hole just a little bit and the hook came out Would have beeen a nice picture. All in all pretty slow.