• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

did anybody get out on the ice 2day around roch ? i didnt have time 2 go myself but i ran the trash out around 3'Oclock and it looked like an awsome day 2 be out there,how did everybody do?

I had very little success. only about 4 or 5 crappies, 1 rock bass, and one smallmouth bass

Alex and I got out to the high banks today at Lake Zumbro. It wasn't that bad. The intense sun warmed up the hut really nice. The fish were there and it didn't take long to get a few. All gills! We were in 27 f.o.w. and the fish would come in at about 22 f.o.w. They were very tight lipped though. It seemed the fish would follow us up but not commit. What I found that worked was a very slow rise. Just lifted the pole up very slowly. Then when the spring bobber stayed semi-tight I would pop it and that would seal the deal. Only one was in the 9+ inch range and the rest were around 7-8 inches.

Lots of vehicle traffic out there now. As a matter of fact I saw a Suburban parked smack next to a big Dodge Ram. I measured the ice on my bump board and found 15 inches!

Here's a picture of Young Guns big one for the day.

sunp01056bo.jpg

thats a nice gill your son caught. One quick question how do you post pictures on the site?

Sounds like a nice time Danno. My neighbor and I thought about driving his shack out there today, but after we felt the wind we decided against it. I look forward to finding some fish with you again soon. It has been too long....

For putting pictures up on the site you need to host them somewhere first and then follow these instructions...

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB79&Number=605617&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1