• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rapala reels

I have to put a plug in for the reels that Rapala makes. I bought one for my son last summer and becuase I liked it so much, I just bought one for myself. They are solid and smooth. Can't wait for the opener to try it out.

Check one out if you get the chance.

Fishfry

"To fish or not to fish? that is the question."

I have one also - its a sweet reel. I wouldnt buy the Rapala rods though. Myself and other guys bought them last summer, and all 3 of the rods were busted beyond repair. One was broken by being slammed in the livewell, but two of them broke while landing a fish. The nice guy at Gander let me exchange it without a receipt.

I ALSO BROKE A RAPALA ROD LAST SUMMER. IT BROKE WHILE SETTING THE HOOK ON AN AVERAGE SIZE WALLEYE.

Only the Tournament series top of the line rods are OK. The reels however are pretty good. I got a bunch 2 years ago from a connection with Rap I had and I have been abusing them since. No problems to date. They also work well on the ice.

I too had bad luck with their fishing rod. Bought one the year they came out. Rod broke the first time out fishing. Gander let me exchange it for a different brand.

I only use Rapala reods and have not had a problem with the rods yet. I broke two in car doors, but that was my fault for being in too much of a hurry to get down to the lake. Even landed a 48" sturgeon and a 30 1/2" walleye in the same day with a medium light rapala rod. The great thing aboot their rods is the warranty they are replaced no questions asked for a period of one year from purchase.

That is good to know. I have been looking at a 7' ML rapala rod at fleet farm. $50 marked down to $40. I have way to many rods anyway but this one seemed very lite. to me rapala seems to be spreading itself thin. Thanks for the info.

I have a rod that was 1 year old and the last eye (the tip) started to grove from the line. It has the metal eyes. The line I was using was Copolimer. I cut off the tip and replaced it with a ceramic type. This will be my last Rapala rod.

The Rapala rods and reels are also sold at Target at a good value. I have the Rapala ice rod and reel and have had no problems with it yet. I bought mine at fleet-farm too.