• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wow there was way too many people out there om Saturday i get a feeling the lake will be fished out in no time

Thats a bummer

There must have been too many people out there Sat. becuase I didn't get on bite on Sun. night. I was there for about 2 hours and nothing. I thought it might have been a slow bite but maybe the fish are gone! How did ya do on Sat.?

Lakes don't get fished out if people have control and realize that alot of pressure on a lake can effect the future and practice catch and release. yeah everyone wants to take a meal home every once in a while but when you are on these types of lakes one must realize the effect they can have by taking a limit or even 2 decent size fish. If you are looking for a meal maybe go to a bigger body of water, If you are looking for action then hit these little lakes. Just my thoughts. i have not fished henry but it sounds like it is taking a beating like Joes in cambridge!!!

Quote:

all thanks to the internet!...lol
shocked.gif

I hope this lake is rearing pond so no harm is being done! frown.gif

I am suprised this lake held any fish in the first place. Actually it isn't much of a lake. If my memory is correct it has totally dried out 2 times in 10 years once around 87 and then around 97. The DNR only used it as a rearing pond recently. If this pattern holds up the lake will soon be dry again.

Just a little information on the wonderful walleye fishery Lake Henry.

Thats exactly why the DNR uses these types of lakes as rearing ponds. I was told by a person who has a rearing pond on their property, that they use lakes that freeze out or dry up so they dont have to worry about killing off any predators b-4 they load it with walleye.

not-nuf -time, your so right about the lakes or ponds the DNR uses. If the people knew how many were being used for rearing ponds. In Wright county alone they would be totally amazed. Some do really well, while others not so good. But thats why they spend them out. Put all the eggs in 1 basket and you know the outcome. Time to go searching these little out of the way ponds. You may have the pond to yourself. or will you? Darn internet wink.gif

i was out there on saturday,caught one small walleye,he went back.brought my underwater camera ,there was alot of waleyes,sunfish and catfish.....this lake will probably freeze out,being that it is only 5 feet deep...i think i am going to try and take some fish home to eat...i think they may not taste all that good ,since the lake is more like a slough...has anyone else ate any fish out of lake henry? what time is better out there ,the middle of the day or at night? how big are the sunfish that i saw ?

Well I have ate some walleye out of henery the tasted a little fishy but they where good. I have had my best luck during the day during the week when there is not alot of traffic. As far as the sunnies I have caught a few of them that where small nothing othere than that.

bad weather, There is a small lake west of New London mn. the DNR used for a rearing pond also. Each winter guys would catch lots of walleyes from it. Only to find the house and fished really bad, cause of the water they came from. Semi- shallow pond with no feeder creek, or drain. I think I would rather go for walleyes in Ol' mississi.

yeah,do not need the fish that bad,think i will go to mille lacs and try for some big perch..have not heard of a good cpappie bite...i would really like to get my boy on a crappie bite...he has had much luck with dad ..

Went out last night for a couple hours. fished both pods of the lake.

Not even a bite.

Maybe it was the cold front moving in?

Anybody driving out on henry yet? Or is it all over put the crying for the guys who didn't hit it? Working nites sucks fo fishing.

Well I am not sure if your able to drive out there. I know that there is not a landing for the lake. As for the bite it has slowed down. My best luck has been during the week when the fishing pressure is low. Once people start ripping around the lake the fish shut off and you really have to work for them.