• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coon Rapids damm Trout ?

18 inch Crappie

Fished the opener a couple years ago, but forgot about the lake there till I drove by it today. Anyone make it out for some trout and how did you do? Was there 1000 people there?

Brian

that's good to hear. been thinking about it but havent put up the money to get the trout stamp. figure I'll wait until my 2006 fishing license.

anybody been out there catching anything?

Buddie of mine got a 15 inch Brookie yesterday and today I scored a 18 inch Brown...plenty of people.

I never really tried fishing there, but i do watch people fish there a lot, from ice fishing to spring/summer.... I dont seem to see anybody catching trout there, mostly just tiny sunfishes..... I know the DNR stocks it with trout, but Is that lake really that good??

More of a place to go fart around, get some fresh air, not sit in front of the tube, etc. you get fish every now and then but nothing to really write home about. Gets pounded pretty hard during winter and summer.

I went and got 2 brookies and 2 rainbows.

It was fun and also had some panfish mixed in.

oh ya and 1 nice looking sucker.

A couple years ago when I went, a lady got a 16 inch Crappie out of there. You never know what is in that little lake.

Looking to fish this weekend, 1st time for trout. I have noticed from past postings on Cenaiko that the trout hit first thing in the morning at day break. Is there an evening bite as well? If not, looks like I will have to hit it sunday before the Daytona 500 smile.gif

Any helpful hints would be appreciated!

I'll give an update next week.

Yes theres a fee every day unless there still doing construction. Yes trout bite good in the evening. and power Bait inthe jar make little balls on your hook, along with waxies and crappie woops thats right no live minnows alowed there I just remembered my first trip. try pink or rainbow colored power bait. and small silver jigging spooms might help to. Good Luck and Aqua Vu grin.gif

I pretty much go with the 4lb test line and small panfish ice jig/fly with 3 count'em 3 waxies. Have caught them at all depths..buddie of mine caught a really nice brookie a foot under the ice and we were in 20ft of water then I caught a nice Brown a foot off the bottom in 13 ft so go figure..if you have a vex just keep an eye on that..oh yeah, got both these fish at 2pm on the weekend..good luck

It's going to be cold on saturday. I'm going to Cenaiko anyway. I heard there is a one line limit. Are there any other restrictions that are different from outside of the park that I need to know? Thanks a lot for the help.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

i got one 15 inch brookie yesterday and saw one little bow and that was it for 10 hours of fishing.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Hey man read the trout regs and dont get caught with live minnows