• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Isle area

TMT

I am heading up to the Isle area on Saturday morning. Looking for some ideas on where to go and what to use for perch and walleye. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I posted a report for Banana and Graveyard reefs out of Lybacks from last Saturday. Take a look back in the forums, should be in the first or second page.

Did well for perch using red-glow with euro larvae.

We were using treble hooks with 1 1/2 oz egg sinkers fishing the bottom and we took a couple big carp. We ended up switching to lighter egg sinkers because the current wasn't what we thought it would be.

We were fishing for perch which are known as bottom feeders but we we laying into some pretty big carp. We put on a 1 1/2 oz egg sinker so when the perch grab the hook the weight will set the hook for us. We actually ran into a DNR officer last week and he gave us a warning because we didn't have a spinner within so many inches of the treble hook. He said that our stratagey was unique. I think he will use this technique after he seen those big carp there on the ice.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Sweet go to the Du contest and catch a crap cause you will win

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Well i have caught suckers through the ice why not carp.

They are not that active in the winter but if you can locate they will be plentiful. Winter is when most of the carp records have been broke. They are real sluggish. We cut a 10" hole after what happened 2 years ago. We were using my friends 8" auger (Tony)and we had a carp that would have looked real nice on the wall. We tried to cut a second hole to get it through but lost the carp during the process. Ever since that day we have gone to 10" holes and treble hooks. If you are going to get into carping I would stay with the 1 1/2 oz egg sinker. Tony felt pretty bad but I knew he didn't try to lose my prize carp. This guy actually went in the water after a carp when we were summer fishing on the river. The mong were close by and they didn't think there was a chance that we would end up giving them the fish. You should have seen there face when we gave them the 15 lbs. carp. I couldn't understand them but I think they thanked us.

Quote:

We were using treble hooks with 1 1/2 oz egg sinkers fishing the bottom and we took a couple big carp. We ended up switching to lighter egg sinkers because the current wasn't what we thought it would be.

Current? Where is there a current in Isle? In front of the river? shocked.gif