• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

reports???

fisherman_12006

im heading up there with a few buddies next week 2-17 to 2-20 was just wondering what the best resort was that was getting the most slab brough in went out of west wind last year a caugh limit reall quick just wondering if any other resorts are doin any good?

if i went right now i would go out of hillmans. the other resorts are picking up a few by the sounds of it but most of the reports have come from hillmans road......but as others have stated that there is alot of area not being fished between westwinds and rogers/morts areas where the potential is definatly there.....it is all a coin flip but I have a tendency the last two years to fish out of hillmans when given the choice...Good Luck and let us know how you do and where you decide!!

Rumor I've heard from the past few days is non-stop action and bringing them in by the pail full off of VerDitzman's road. Bit hard to find but make sure you ask for specific directions when you get up there.

we were up there this afternoon and never saw a fish on the vex. Drilled over 100 holes but still no action. We were at the end of sunny beaches road.

Maybe I am setting myself up for this one becasue I have never heard of VerDitzman's road, but where exactly is this? Heading up Friday night and some good reports would be great. I am bringing the portable anchors for sure, sounds like some wind on Friday also...

Thanks

Bryce, how goes it. Been up to Red much this year? Have you spokewith Jigglestick lately, I haven't seen him post much lately, is he still around. What ever did happen to the IBOT group, seems like they faded away. What is VerDitzman's road confused.gif I'll be up Feb 25th for the FM get together.

Fisherdog

Quote:

I have never heard of VerDitzman's road, where exactly is this?

Thanks

Quote:

What is VerDitzman's road
confused.gif

It's right between Harrigan Creek and Wang Chung Campground. Ya can't miss it! tongue.gif

Desperado, I think you are misstaken, it is well before harrigan creek by the big ceder bog, its not really a road per say as its more of a right of passage.Do any locals know what their acess fee is??? Maybe a GPS cood for those that dont know the area??? wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif weathermaker.

I could be mixed up.

My only memory of said "passage" is from the time I followed a white rabbit through some hole.

And I always get my directions turned around whenever I follow that white rabbit.

crazy.gif

desperado,

all will be well if you stay on track and do one thing,

"remember what the door mouse said".

Is it just me, or is anyone else beginning to hear the ramblings of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum confused.gif

Oh THAT road. I broke the Johnson rod on it one time. Don't you take the Slawson cut-off? And then CUT OFF YOUR SLAWSON!!!!!!!!!!

Is VerDitzman's road northwest of Hudec's? If so I was there last weekend.

I was there two years ago. You have to take a left where the red gravel truck used to set, right a mile before the big pine tree with the bird,s nest in it, and take a jog to the left, or maybe right, where that bunch of blue flowers grow every summer. After getting on the lake, drive out until you see the pile of snow with the broom handle sticking up that I put there two years ago. It should still be there if no one moved it. Great Crappies just north of that. wink.gif

Unless Kelly and/or his Bride moved the ice-heave again, then all bets are off! grin.gif

I think we were on this road a couple of years ago, not sure. It was one of those times we came off the lake in a different place than we went on. We weren't lost just didn't know where we were. Someone moved the pressure ridge after the sun went down. We could hear someone laughing in the darkness with a plowtruck idling in the background. LOL Stan C.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.