• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tip Up Fishing???

Hey guys I was just wondering where to go to do some good tip up fishing around Bemidji. My better half and I are going to go out tomorrow and that is what she likes to do. If you guys could tell me what lakes and where on the lake and how many feet that kind of stuff it would be great. If we dont catch fish it will be hard to get her out again HAHA. Thanx for the help guys!!!

Turtle Lake always is a good bet to catch some pike, maybe a bonus eye. Out in front of th landing to the left or right has always produced for me, off of the reed line. I start with one flag in about 10 feet, then go straight out, putting another flag in about 12-13, then 15-16. just cover some depths, this is what works for me. I have caught pike on shiners and suckers, but eyes only on shiners. Good luck.

Thanx alot guy!!! This is going to sound stupid But I live on Big Turtle lake HAHAHA is that the lake you are talking about?????

Thats really funny, but yes that is what I am talking about. I have done some great tip up fishing out there, as well as some really good fall fishing. You have some great fishing right out your door!!

Go to Grace Lake and slim the northern population, there are alot in there and should have no problem catching them, but your chances are better off catching these little ones, maybe a nice one will come by?

But I am sure alot of lakes have many northerns in it, but I have a cabin out on Grace and I get sick of these little pikes but finally put a 15 pounder on my line last June! smirk.gif

Well guys I ended up going out on Big Turtle and it was worth my time to say the least. I got one on the tip up just before dark that weighed in at 15 pounds. Also how do I get pics on ehre I cant figure it out????

How about the trees that are behind Joe. He was so excited we had to take some pictures.

How has fishing been in your house? I see Scott moved his out between us.