• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering who is going to be fishing this great panfish lake this weekend.Maybe we can run into each other and have a soda.I plan on fishing for some crappies and eyes Late Sunday afternoon and evening.

Hmmm, I wonder what spot harvey lee will be going to tomorrow grin.gif I'm not worried though, the crappies are safe... but the gills might be in trouble blush.gifwink.gif

Good luck tomorrow Tom! Let me know how you do.

Matt

There may not be any crappies left to catch in that spot come next week as thier bellys will be full and they wont be hungry come Monday for you.I fished in the spot I talked about before you left and found next to no suspended crappies in approx 10 holes and 2.5 more hours of fishing,but I did get some more sunnies,but not much for size.All the sunnies were right on the bottom and did bite fairly well but nothing over 13 inches.

Quote:

...the sunnies were right on the bottom and did bite fairly well but nothing over 13 inches...

grin.gif

BDR

This lake has some beautiful crappies and sunfish and there are alot of spots on this lake that will give up very nice fish.You should come down one day and we could all get together and pretend were on URL.I dont believe you need to drive that far to get nice panfish.If Matt wont give up his spots I could tell you where the real pigs are,I havent told the panfish killer yet.

Hey Tom, my boy wants me to take him out there this weekend. We were out there a couple of weekends ago and caught alot of sunnies and a couple of crappies. My wife wants me to get him out of the house this weekend anyways. I could meet up with you if you wanted to. I am not sure if I should bring the atv or not with him along after this warm spell. How was the ice today?

planofslayer....

I don't want to speak for the other guys, but if it were me catching sunnies and crappies like that, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to posting it on an open forum such as this. Those fish, the 12" - 14.75" crappies and the 9"-11" 'gills are just too valuable to the system. Red Lake would be a different story, obviously, but on Washington these are some of the most valuable fish in the lake. Posting the exact location on here would result in NUMEROUS fisherman/women at that spot within a day. It may not be FM'ers that would head there....we're a bunch of respectable fisherpeople as you probably know. But, there are also a lot of non-members that view this site too. Not to say that they would barge right in there, but ya never know. And, as you or anyone else knows, once you tell one person, they turn around and tell another, and another and so on. It's been said many times on here that "loose lips sink ships". Definitely a true statement.

I'm not trying to rip into you here or anyting...not at all. I'd just be quite surprised if they mentioned the spot on here. The better approach to look at their success is to read their previous posts on the depths, structure, time of day and tackle they were using. Applying this to your outing could certainly produce the same results.

It didn't work for me today, but I was out trying what I would consider some "non-traditional" locations. Just wanted to find out for myself if there was anything at this spot or not...and I certainly found out it was the NOT. smile.gif Still though, there are a number of other places on the lake to try, and I'll be trying to find similar structure as what Matt and the guys have been finding them at.

Good luck and good fishin'.

bc

bc well said. its not that I dont want to tell everyone but this could hurt the lake to bad.I do believe that if you do a little searching you also will find a few nice ones once in awhile.If you follow the hook tips and find similar structure,then you to will also a a great day.Good luck.

Basscatcher hit this one on the nail. There is ALOT of traffic on Washington. The way peaple were moving today from what I seen, means it's just a matter of time.

Rip Some Lip

Yes,using your 4-wheeler will be safe as the ice is still pretty good.You will probably still see cars and trucks out driving around,which I wouldnt do yet.If you have a lake map,look for some places with sharp drop offs,that come up to a flat and fish the edge or on top.If you have a ratso or shrimpo in a couple different sizes and colors that would probably help you out.Fish those jigs without a waxies,just a plain hook.Hope you have a good day and good luck.

Well said bass catcher. Thank you for taking the time to write that post.

We all should take the time to remember that this is about sharing information and not about giving up the "spot on the spot".

harvey lee,

Thanks for the info that is all that I was looking for not book on how to or not to home in on someone's hot spot. I don't like it when someone crowds my hot spot and I respect others. I've been ice fishing for 35 years I don't think I need a lecture on fishing etiquette. But I respect your right to slam me.

Thanks

planofslayer

I hope I didnt say anything that offended you and if I did Im truly sorry.I always try to help anyone who might have a question that I can answer.Maybe someday we can hook up on a lake a see if we can find some good fishing.All I wanted to do was maybe help you out some with a few ideas.

Harvey Lee,

No you didn't offend me I was venting about basscatcher's comments. I appreciate the help you were giving. And yes we'll probably meet out there sometime. Good fishing!

planofslayer....

I don't want to get into a shouting match here because that's not what this site is about, but I would like to follow up on the post I wrote. I didn't mean to "slam" you in any way and those were not my intentions. Perhaps I misunderstood your two posts when you wrote "well, let's have it....where are they" and another that said "what area". I guess I read that as asking....show me where they're at. If that's not what your intention was, I apologize, to some degree. But keep in mind that this was not a response directed specifically towards you. As I had mentioned before, there are a number of "anonymous" people viewing FishingMinnesota.com and the Southcentral MN forum. The comments were written in a response to you, yes, but they were also directed to the "anonymous" users that view the site in hopes that if people run into the type of fishing and size of fish that MJ, TO and HL are finding, that they too would practice the CPR on fish like this such as these guys do.

I think you'll find that many times posts on here are not just in response to other posts, but are written for the general public that reads these forums. We all just want to be good "stewards" of the sport and the fishery, and I'm sure yourself too.

So I wanted to let you know that my response wasn't to stir up the pot with you. If I misunderstood your posts asking about where and what area, then I apologize. It's sometimes difficult to understand what a person means by just reading a post as compared to listening how a person would say it in person. My intentions weren't to ruffle your feathers and I hope you can understand that.

Good luck and good fishin'!

bc