• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sunday pre Super Bowl tip-up and game feed.

Thanks to TCBrookston for organizing and then putting on a forum on on-the-ice cooking! I think that I'm still stuffed from all the rib-eyes I "had" to put down to keep them from getting too cold!!! Definitely a good day to be on the ice. Lots of flags, good food and the usual good company. Good to see everybody again. As he went to sleep, Duncan was murmuring something about wanting to ride on Billy's four wheeler tomorrow and then something about why bigtallSteve kept driving ST's truck to go potty.

One of the pike I cleaned up tonight had 2 big shiners and a smelt in her gut...all with hook slots in their back. Third time's a charm I guess.

I'll try to get Saturday on the calendar. Should be pretty do-able if I can promise an ATV will be available for rides!!!

TC - my email addy - [email protected]

Lota Lota...

Looks like our houses will have to come on Sat if we do it. Looking at highs of 11. Well looks like we are going to finally get some Mn winter after all.

Im glad the fishing was fun because I lasted all of 5 minutes at the KQ Superbowl party. Doors were supposed to open at 4:30 and by the time we got there at 4:35 there wasnt a good seat in the house left. Went and got some pizza and drinks and sat at home on a nice warm couch in front of a TV I could see and watched the reffs take the game away from the Seahawks. What a poor crew of Refs that was. For a Superbowl crew they were terrible! Who ever heard of hitting below the waste on a tackle? crazy.gif

Well Poutslayer looks like you dont have to sell that Black n Gold Jersey now. grin.gif

There sure was some bad calls and non calls. I believe the Steelers were a better team anyway. That was a horrible call on the tackle by Hassleback. The ruling is you can't hit a blocker below the waist during an interception return. The guy with the ball was so close to his blocker that the refs thought Hassleback hit the blocker into the ball carrier. But he made a nice tackle.

Haha, TC, very funny. I'm claiming interference in that my concentration was only 50% on the hook set and the other 50% on looking over my shoulder to see if I was the potential victim of a 32 Belly Option! blush.gif I hope you got video of the blazing 4.2 sec. 40-time speed displayed by Northlander and I. grin.gif

Next Saturday might not work for me. Sunday would be better, but I have a feeling Northlander and Poutslayer might be working. I'll just have to play it by ear.

It may have been a 4.2 time however it was over in 10 feet. There is something to said for a quick first step. Thanks to Lota and T.C. for the fine eats and to Duncan for showing Billy how ride the four wheeler. As we were leaving the ice Craig(my son) commented how much fun he had and those guys sure knew alot about fishing. I am still trying to figure out who he meant.

Hey Kettelkid the youngster is growing up and learning. Nice to see him take the skates off for a while and try out the hardwood. Even if its short lived it will help him in the long run. You know kids, in a year he may want to be a figure skater! blush.gif Well maybe not hey?

As far as who knows a lot about fishing I think he was talking of how we rounded up the fish and drove them into the tip up mine field with the 4 wheeler. grin.gif

Hey Guys,

It sure sounds like you had a good time. I'm sorry that I missed it. I work this Saturday and will be down to the cities on Sunday for a 50th Anniv. party. I'm going to throw out a date of Sunday the 19th. I'm off that weekend and I know a few are fishing a contest on Saturday the 18th. Let me know if this day will work for any of you and we'll see what we can set up.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)