• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sunday pre Super Bowl tip-up and game feed.

Just an idea.

I think it would be a blast to leave the rods home and set up a bunch of tip-ups and a grill on a good slimer lake. I have plenty of pheasant and venison to grill or make lake fajitas.

Anyone up for this idea?

Sorry I will be at the KQDS Super Bowl Party at the Duluth Athletic Club. Maybe a early morning thing could work.

Sounds like a good time, but I've got a family obligation out of town that will get me back just in time for kickoff.

Gonna have to survive with a couple bloody's and some hot wings. That pheasant sure sounds good tho.

I need to try and get up and try the river near ya for cats sometime this summer.

Tom, the poutslayer and I are in. Perhaps 10ish or so? That way we can fish until 3-4 and make game time at 5:30 wherever. Find a good slimey lake and let us know.I will just hang out and swap kettle river stories. The kid can chase the flags.

Sounds good.

How about Rice or Leora. I don't know if rice is drivable, but I can bring my wheeler if needed. Do you two have any preferances?

Maybe I will bring a kid to chase tip-ups also. How old is yours now?

Good to hear from you Rob. I will pull some pheasant breast out and wrap them in bacon for the grill. If any more join in, I can pull out some venni backstrap.

Hey TC,

I may be able to sneak out for a bit in the AM. BD and I were out on Rice the other day and poked a 40" pike so I might lean just a LITTLE bit that direction. I would likely have a sled to use for transport too.

Lota Lota...

Hey Lota, I haven't seen you since we hit winny. That would be great!

Do I need to bring my wheeler or can we drive out?

Either way, I am set up for some good eats.

Tom

FYI, The wife say's, That lota is such a nice guy!

Hey Guys,

I will not be able to make this little get-together. I'll be heading to Crosby for a Superbowl party.

There have been full size trucks out on Rice as of late and many smaller ones. Driving has been very easy. You'll have to wait and see what effect a 40 degree day or two will have on the top crust of the lake before you make final plans for next week.

Lota,

I fished the same spot yesterday. I did not have a flag on the tip-up. I did switch my Jigging line to a bobber with a shiner and was able to get some action in the house. Give me a call if you would like and we can talk.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Sounds like fun, pick a time and place and I'll try and swing by.

I would be up for it. I also support the WRL suggestion. I have a couple of favorite slimer spots I haven't tried this year.

Tom, I haven't met ya yet, but I must say that the Lota character must have your wife fooled. I don't know what it is, but every time I fish with him, I get sick. Might be a little safer on hard water though. JH

Hey TC, I don't know that I've ever felt more welcomed into a home than I was to yours...especially since I was bearing a stinky 5 gallon bucket full of fish that needed to be cleaned. You going to bring your boy along?

Your opprobrius remarks phase me not, GnG, for you have the stamp of a weasel as an avatar. I suggest you replace it with a different image. One of you, green as a bullfrog, curled over the gunwale of my fine watercraft, sullying it's hull with your vile regurgitations. Should you, sir GnG, refrain from breaking your fast on fried face eating monkeys before boarding Temerity, happier will be us all (except Northlander who took particular joy in watching you heave over the side). grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

WRL it is then???

Lota Lota...

I am up for anything. Unless someone has a hot spot they want to meet at, Lets say 10 am Sunday at the rice lake dam.

Sound Good?

Lota Lota, I don't care what all these guys say. Your not so bad!!!

There goes Lota flaunting his BIG vocabulary again. I dont understand why his wife pokes fun of it at all. wink.gifconfused.gif

You are correct that I found great humor in watching Green n Gold get your pretty yellow banana boat green! grin.gif

Maybe we should start calling him green n chunky? blush.gif

A new LS spoon name?? The Chunky Monkey Puke?? I mean we already have the Monkey Puke! Throw some Gold dots on it maybe?? shocked.gif

I'll be there and will hopefully have a sled to move around with.

Green&Gold, BD110 and I hit Rice this afternoon. Not too much going in the way of aggressive fish but we did manage to ice some decent northern between snackin' on GnG's brats and BDs pickled pike. Pretty windy from the east (fish bite the least?) and, despite the 34 degree temps, it was still a cold front. The pike would gum the smelt more than eat it. Looks like the weather next weekend will be steady so maybe we'll see more aggressive fish.

Lota Lota...

Hey Lota, I noticed you said next weekend, I was thinking that the Super Bowl was today at 6. What the heck was I thinking!!!

I got all the eats ready to go. Now what.

Bummer man I would have helped ya take care of them eats. I will be at Rice Lake about 10am as well. Get in a bit of Fishin before the KQDS Superbowl Party. I know Poutslayer and Kettleriver kid are coming as well last I heard.

Great Northlander. Menu has changed, but it will still be good eats. See you then.

Tom

Sounds like a good time, unfortunately I have committed to another one on Minnesuing. Have a good time y'all.

So it sounds like 10am is the general consensus on a meeting time at Rice Lake Dam. Reading through the posts, I have an attendance list of TCBrookston, Poutslayer, KettleKid, Northlander, Lotalota, Green&Gold, and maybe Surface Tension. Anyone else in? I'll probably just drive the truck out. There had to be 2 feet of ice last week and the little cooler weather this week combined with cooler temps forecasted for the weekend should make everything quite solid. What's everyone bringing for food? JH

Sounds good Green and Gold. I eat the pheasant last weekend, but I will bring something as good or better. Ribeye chunks wrapped in bacon over the grill sounds good. The boys and I are going to head to Winni Saturday am, so I just might bring a bunch of perch fillets instead, depending on how we do. We won't get there until after a ball game about 1pm, so we won't have a bunch of time to hunt for fish, so it might have to be ribeye.

Can't wait to cover a big area with tip ups and chase flags. Might have to have a few side bets.

10 am it is.

10am at the Rice Lake dam everyone. Dont forget your tip ups, mouth pieces and shoulder pads. grin.gif

TC, Lota, ST, Green n Chunky, Poutslayer and Kettle River it was a great time! Weather was ok, fishing was good and the food and conversation was a blast as well. I think if we had all the fish we missed we would have really made a killing. wink.gif

If we get good weather next Saturday is anyone interested in a repeat with a little side wager? Nothing big maybe $5 in a pot to biggest fish? Now that I got the dust off the tip ups I should use them more.

Poutslayer thanks for the use of the 4 wheeler to do the Pike drives with. I know Duncan had a blast on his rides!

Maybe next Sat do a all day deal and hit eyes early and late?

Well got to run to the KQ Superbowl Party. GO SEAHAWKS right Poutslayer? wink.giftongue.gif Everyone enjoy the game and be safe.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hey that was great way to spend a Sunday. TCBrookston did a bang up job on the Ribeye and shrimp on the barbie.

Lots of flags and good company. Definatlty a good time.

Thanks guys.

Sounds good to me Northlander. Gotta see what maam has planned. I had a great time.

I have all kinds of video of Jareds HOW NOT TO, one of your HOW TO and some great Duncan and Santa pics. Get me your email and you can put a couple on this thread.

I would say next weekend,(if mama says go), I will bring the frying pan and if we don't catch, we don't eat.

What do you think of that wager?