• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the slow bite. lots of fish on the lx 3 but few strikes. many different bait combos, still 2-3 fish per outing.

Sounds very similar to my recent experience. I can't say I've done much fishing in the area this winter, but have either fished or been party to accurate reports that state the same. Over this last weekend I spent every afternoon through sundown out and had the same 2-5 fish per afternoon, and verrrrrry sloooww bite. I found that I found fish on the graph, shot several holes in the area as I like to do when I find them to give my self a head start in finding them when I move, and as I started to drop the lines around them they would disappear. The more action on my bait, the less chance to get a hit. I found that times I had takers were when the bait was completely still, with very small minnow for 5-10 minutes. If there was ever a neutral bite, this was it.

Overall, smaller was better, less active was better, and nothing was a guarentee. I guess these sorts of bites hone the skills for when they are more active. It makes it seem too easy, if there is such a thing.

Other reports from family or friends during the month of January in the area support these same observations.

Good luck, to all!

It makes me feel a little better knowing that it is this way for others. The guys at work say the same. The wife is having too much fun with my apparent lack of skill. Those 3 fish days still beat a craft fair or sensitivity classes!!!