• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Most days I do not get done working until 6'00pm. Anyone been out say from 7pm to 9 or 10pm, and done any good????.

I live in Mankato.

GEORGE has been kicking out some nice ones. Lowlight has been best for me, but im certain they would go after dark. I just havent needed to yet. I know Washington wasn't going for me after dark though.

So far this yet, I've had a few 100+ fish nights where I don't even get onto the water until well after dark. I am in the same situation where I work until 5. I live in Rochester, but I'm sure there are places you can find a decent night bite.

I've caught crappies, gills, catfish, trout, silver bass, and perch well after dark in the Rochester area.

Sandy bottom lakes are traditionally better lakes for night fishing, but all the ponds I've been fishing are mud bottom.

Good Luck

Hey Tim have you given George a try in the mornings? I havent been on that lake in about 10 years. Kind of be interesting too give it a try.

Yeah it was good early a.m. Like 4-6 am. Seemed to really slow by 6 on that particular day. A different day I was there noon till 6pm bite was solid most of the time. Go get'em!

I would guess it was a fairly deep water bite knowing that lake? Any sunnies in there?

Its good too hear about this lake again. Its been many years since i've heard much about it, i think it froze out a couple years back?? My grandfather and i used too catch alot of fish out there, hard and softwater. I'm going too be up that way this weekend, its tempting too try it there. But its been so long and being over an hour drive i dont know if i should risk a morning there over some of the other lakes i know. Dont know where the heck i would even start out there its been so long. Any size too the sunnies tims? Any northerns by chance?

I didnt find any size on the gills(one 8") and no incedental pike... The crappies made up for it though. Tip, if your catching small ones, MOVE grin.gif

the night bite is goin on washington for me and my buddies using the shallow water method. tonight my buddy left at 8:30 and still had fish bitin

I hate to admit it, and sound like a chump, but I gave goerge a try last night 7-9:30 and got shunked. tell me if the depth finder is playing tricks or not I would have fish come from 7ft and dart directly down. happened every hole.

I was on George tonight from 2 to 6 and caught no crappies. Those fish you were seeing coming in at 7 feet and going down were bullheads, I managed to catch a few on saw them on the camera. I guess the hot bite is over there or it was just a bad day for me. I moved around alot and did have a school of craps come through around 4, but they would not bite. Looks like another lake that I was a day late and a dollar short on. I think I will stick to Washington,it never lets me down.

Hey ctuma I was out there for only an hour before dark, I caught 2 nice crappies right a way and then nothing else. I finally called it a night due to the wind. I was getting blown around out there. I would say the bite is over.

yeah that was me, I thought I would give the lake a try but it really didn't do it for me

I was there a few days ago and yes the bite did slow down. As a matter of fact I packed up after about an hour of searching. However this lake still should not be overlooked, it will produce given the right circumstances. Dont be afraid to try it again, you may be pleasantly surprised!! Might want to try very early in the morning or later at night...