• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We get a week off from school here at the end of January and I'm thinking about heading up to the White-fish Chain, I was just wondering with it being more mid to late in the ice season where anyone would suggest I begin looking for Crappies out there? I tried a couple holes earlier this year on Middle Whitefish with limited success, just wondering if the fish moved to certain areas by now... Thanks!

Try some of the smaller lakes on the chain. The smaller bays are good as well. Look for deep water and you will catch crappies in the mid to late winter. Some of my favorites are Clamshell and Bertha.

Jason Erlandson

Hey thanks alot! I'll give some smaller bays a try... Are they still out in the holes or should I try a bit shallower?? I've fished in about 35' most of the winter, but last winter I thought of moving shallower like in about 15'? Just curious if that was a descent plan? Thanks for the help!